WP Rocket Config – Unable to remove from quarantine

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP Rocket Config – Unable to remove from quarantine

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

I have WP Rocket installed on my site and the config – wp-rocket-config.php – has been put into quarantine by BB Pro but I am unable to restore the file.

I am on a Cloudways server with the following:

• WordPress 5.7.2
    • BBPro 15.5
    • WP Rocket 3.9.0.4

Can you please advise?

Regards,
    Andrew

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do these steps below to create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule for the wp-rocket-config wp-content folder.

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Click on the AutoRestore > Exclude wp-content Folders tab page > type or copy and paste the name of the wp-rocket-config wp-content folder: wp-rocket-config
    3. Click the Save Folder Exclude Rules button.
    4. Deactivate and Activate the WP Rocket Plugin.
    5. Go to the WP Rocket Settings page and resave your WP Rocket option settings.  This should create a new WP Rocket config file in the: /wp-rocket-config/ folder.
    6. Go to the Quarantine page and delete the wp-rocket-config.php file that was quarantined.  Note: If you are unable to delete the wp-rocket-config.php file from Quarantine then I need to login to your site to figure out what is breaking BPS Pro Quarantine.  Send a WordPress Administrator login to:  info at ait-pro dot com.
    7. Turn AutoRestore back on.

Andrew
    Participant

Thank you for that.

I’m getting stuck at (2) as the wp-rocket-config.php file is directly under the /wp-content folder as follows:
    /public_html/wp-content/wp-rocket-config.php

There is also this folder that has little in it but not any wp-rocket-config.php file:
    /public_html/wp-content/wp-rocket-config/

Going through all the steps, WP Rocket doesn’t appear to be recreating the wp-rocket-config.php file on deactivation/reactivation.

Please advise. Shall I send you admin details?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Try these steps and let me know if they work.  Also you may have another problem with ModSecurity breaking Quarantine Restore since you are unable to restore the wp-rocket-config.php file from Quarantine.  Test uploading a test file to your website root folder (same folder where the WP wp-config.php file is located) and see if you can restore that test file from Quarantine.  Create a .txt file called test.txt, upload it to your website root folder, when the file is quarantined try to restore it from Quarantine.  Also I recommend that you ask WP Rocket support about the file wp-rocket-config.php.  I have done several Google searches and searched the WP Rocket website and I have not found any information about this file.

1. Turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Manually download the wp-rocket-config.php from this folder: /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/wp-rocket-config.php
    3. Delete the wp-rocket-config.php file in the /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/ folder.
    4. Upload the wp-rocket-config.php file to your /wp-content/ folder.
    5. Run the BPS Pro Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard.

To delete the wp-rocket-config.php database row in the Quarantine Database table do these steps below:

1. Go the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools menu/page > DB Table Cleaner|Remover tool tab page.
    2. Delete the quarantine database table by clicking the Drop Radio button for this database table: xx_bpspro_arq_quarantine
    3. Click the Empty|Drop button to delete the BPS quarantine database table. A new empty BPS quarantine database table will be automatically created.

Andrew
    Participant

Thank you for that but I’m confused.

BPS Pro is reporting that wp-rocket-config.php is in quarantine. Please see the image.

But when I use FileZilla Pro to download the file, as per your step (2), it is not there. Please see the image.

Consequently, I’m totally confused as to what’s going on.

Please advise.

Andrew
    Participant

I have made contact with WP Rocket support but it appears I can only go through their Facebook Group. I am seeking other support fromWP Rocket.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok if the wp-rocket-config.php file is not actually in Quarantine then just clear the Quarantine database table by doing the steps below.

To delete the wp-rocket-config.php database row in the Quarantine Database table do these steps below:

1. Go the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools menu/page > DB Table Cleaner|Remover tool tab page.
    2. Delete the quarantine database table by clicking the Drop Radio button for this database table: xx_bpspro_arq_quarantine
    3. Click the Empty|Drop button to delete the BPS quarantine database table. A new empty BPS quarantine database table will be automatically created.

Andrew
    Participant

Thank you, all good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.