WP Offload SES plugin – email problem

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP Offload SES plugin – email problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

WP Offload™ SES is a plugin that takes over email sending for your WordPress site, sending all site emails through your Amazon SES account. It offers the benefits of sending your site emails through Amazon SES without the negatives.

The BPS Pro S-Monitor > Send Email Alerts & Log Files From form option is affected by the WP SES Offload plugin. To fix the problem use the code below in your Theme’s functions.php file:

This code simply replaces the default WordPress sender name and email address with your custom sender name and email address.

// Function to change email address
    function wpb_sender_email( $original_email_address ) {
    return 'example@example.com';
    }

// Function to change sender name
    function wpb_sender_name( $original_email_from ) {
    return 'Example Name';
    }

// Hooking up our functions to WordPress filters
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', 'wpb_sender_email' );
    add_filter( 'wp_mail_from_name', 'wpb_sender_name' );
    Dave Buettler
    Participant

Dear AIT-Pro Team

Thank you for this important hint. Maybe a stupid question, but wouldn’t it be better to programm a small micro-plugin instead for this problem instead of changing the functions.php? I am not a Pro, but I think that would be a better method? Or is this a wrong idea?

It may sound a bit stupid, don’t know, but I’ve read this article and there is this suggestions and it makes sense to me:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/glossary/functions-php/

Thank you for your support…

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think the optimum solution would be for the WP Offload SES plugin to include this solution directly in their plugin. Logically since the WP Offload SES plugin “…takes over email sending for your WordPress site…” they should also fix any issues/problems caused by doing that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.