WP site failing with 1GB memory, BPS seems to be the culprit

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WP site failing with 1GB memory, BPS seems to be the culprit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lincoln stoller
    Participant

I have not touched my site except to add a new post and update existing plugins, yet today all site pages are frequently failing due to what host administrators tell me is overloaded memory requirements. They have up’ed the site to 1GB of memory, but it was still failing to load… until I deactivated the BPS plugin. I can reliably remove or return this out of memory condition simply by deactivating or re-activating the BPS plugin.

At 1GB of memory the site adminstrators (ICDSoft) tell me this level of memory usage is not sustainable at my account level. I am trying to determine if BPS is the culprit, or if there is something I’m doing in the use of BPS that is causing it to “break the camel’s back.” As I say, it could be that it is some other plugin that’s really at fault but, so far, I have not been able to identify anything but BPS.

Is there some advice on how to either observe memory usage or configure BPS to use less memory?

Thanks, LS

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The optimum PHP memory limit for a website is:  256M.  If you allocate any more than 256M PHP memory limit then that is too much php memory and will cause other problems.  So set your php memory limit to 256M to fix that problem first.  It is hard to believe that a web host support tech would not know that basic fact about php memory limit allocation?  Maybe you just got a newbie support tech?

PHP memory limit is not related to the problem whatsoever.  So let’s actually start to try and figure out the problem now by asking the right questions to figure out the problem…

Is this a Dedicated hosting server?
    When did the problem start occurring?
    What has changed around the time the problem started occurring?  A web host change made by your web host?  A change made by you?
    What version of BPS Pro do you have installed?

lincoln stoller
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.