WP Speed up

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free WP Speed up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    silas88
    Participant

AITpro,

Just wondered if you had seen this code (from http://www.webmasterworld.com/apache/4502109.htm ) and what you think using it instead of the existing  WP rewrite code…

# BEGIN WordPress
    #
    RewriteEngine on
    #
    # Unless you have set a different RewriteBase preceding this point,
    # you may delete or comment-out the following RewriteBase directive
    # RewriteBase /
    #
    # if this request is for "/" or has already been rewritten to WP
    RewriteCond $1 ^(index\.php)?$ [OR]
    # or if request is for image, css, or js file
    RewriteCond $1 \.(gif|jpg|ico|css|js)$ [NC,OR]
    # or if URL resolves to existing file
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    # or if URL resolves to existing directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    # then skip the rewrite to WP
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [S=1]
    # else rewrite the request to WP
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    #
    # END wordpress 
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

First off jdMorgan is an .htaccess Guru so if this is his code then it is solid.  I will analyze it and put it to the test when I have some spare time.  Logically it makes sense, but until I have benchmarked tested code then I cannot really give an opinion on the code.

silas88
    Participant

A wise approach!
    Yes, it’s jdMorgan’s code – I noticed he was something of a revered expert.
    I might give it a go on a test site as you didn’t raise any red flag immediately!
    I also noticed several posts here and there about optimizing regex constructs and tests in Rewrite code,  gave me a headache in no time at all.
    🙂

Young Master
    Participant

If this .htaccess code work as we think it does, I think it would be better if you add it into BPS Pro. What do you say about this @AITPro Admin?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, at some point it will be an additional Bonus option as well as several other new Bonus options.  We are currently in DSO Automation development for BPS Pro and will then go back to adding new features and options once that development phase is completed.

Young Master
    Participant

Great. I will be waiting for this.

Young Master
    Participant

Hello AIT Pro Admin, did you test the above code and find it useful? If yes, when is it going to be added on BPS Pro? Am just curious 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I tested it and ran into a lot of problems so I put it on the backburner for a later time to look at why those problems were occurring.

Young Master
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.

jenni101
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been searching for different ways to speed up my site (having struggled with using caching plugins) and found the code above. Was just wondering if you’ve had any more thoughts about the benefits/problems of adding this code into the BPS pro .htaccess custom code (I presume in the WP Rewire Loop section?)?

Many thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have not tested the code so nope no further thoughts about it.  jdMorgan knows what he is doing so that code is good code.  You can also give the this Speed Boost Cache Bonus Custom Code a try if you want to:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/htaccess-caching-code-speed-boost-cache-code/

Note:  We were using both W3TC and WP Super Cache plugins on our sites at different times (not at the same time of course), but due to advanced customizations on our sites we ran into problems with both W3TC and WPSC so we are now only using the Speed Boost Cache code on all of our sites.

jenni101
    Participant

Hi AITpro,

yes I’ve got the speed boost up and running so was going to add this as an extra. I might risk trying it and will report back – though it won’t be very in depth feedback, just whether it’s OK to use or not!

Just to confirm – I would add it into the ‘Cusom Code WP rewrite Lookp’ section rather than where the Speed Boost/caching code goes??

Cheers.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm I guess I did test that code at one point.  Didn’t see my reply later in the thread – “I tested it and ran into a lot of problems so I put it on the backburner for a later time to look at why those problems were occurring.”  I have some spare time today so I will test the code again.  Give me few minutes to test the code out.

jenni101
    Participant

Thanks – but no rush as it’s obviously not urgent!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I retested the code and it will only work if it used “as is”, meaning that if only that code is in your root .htaccess file and no other code whatsoever (BPS Security code or any other code at all) then it will work.  I would need to take some time to figure out how to incorporate the same or similar code into BPS Security code so this is currently not some code that you can just add to your root htaccess file.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.