WPML – The BPS Pro Activation Key is not valid for this website

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WPML – The BPS Pro Activation Key is not valid for this website

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luca
    Participant

Hello,

thank for your plugin.

I have an issue with WPML. I’ve installed and set the key in the main language, but when I switch to another, secondary, language it shows me:

Error: The BPS Pro Activation Key is not valid for this website

If I enter again the Download-Request Key, it gave me the same BPS Pro Activation Key and then I’ll have them same problem in the main language …

Any suggestions?
    Many thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm you may have discovered the cause of a problem that we could never figure out.  Does WPML allow you to exclude website pages from being translated?  If WPML does have some sort of exclude option then exclude all BPS Pro plugin pages from being translated into another language.  What is very odd to me is why would WPML be translating saved text in a Form???

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I did a Google search and found this WPML help page that tells you have to scan a plugin page and change the “String Translation” for individual search strings found in the WPML Scan.  So what I recommend is that you use the WPML Plugin Scan feature and then manually change the BPS Pro Activation Key text to the correct syntax/text > https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Or you can just ignore the BPS Pro Activation Key message and we will create a language filter in BPS Pro 14 that forces the English Language for the Activation Key text. BPS Pro 14 may not be released for up to 2 weeks from now.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oops disregard my previous forum replies.  The BPS Pro Activation Key match check is based on your website domain URL.  So the WPML translation is affecting and changing your website domain URL.  It seems to me that you would not want that to be happening at all.  A website domain URL should remain the same no matter what, otherwise how would people link to your website.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

So it looks like you can just safely ignore the “The BPS Pro Activation Key is not valid for this website” error message because what is happening is only on your website end and not on the actual BPS Pro Activation Key check from your website to our API server.  It looks like you have an English and Italian version of your site and WPML creates this additional URI:  /it/ after your root domain URL.  The BPS Pro Activation Key checking code looks at the WordPress get_bloginfo('url') function to check against. So what I assume is happening is that both the frontend and backend of your website use the /it/ URL when you are viewing your site in Italian. I believe you can turn off WPML in the wp-admin backend area or just ignore the “The BPS Pro Activation Key is not valid for this website” error message because it is not actually valid in the particular case of switching languages with WPML. This particular BPS Activation Key check is a heads up check to alert people that they need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key when they have changed something about their website URL. It does not actually impact/affect BPS Pro plugin activation or BPS Pro at all.

if ( $ACT_options['bps_domain_url'] && get_bloginfo('url') != $ACT_options['bps_domain_url'] ) {
    Luca
    Participant

Hello, thank You for your research!

It is exactly how you describe: WPML add /it on the URL and it treat like a different site.

So I will just ignore it as you suggested me. The important thing is that the whole site (eng and ita version) is protected by BPS pro.

Many thanks and best regards

Luca

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We intentionally did not make this particular error message a Dismiss Notice because we did not want people just to dismiss this important error message, but we are currently looking at a way to add additional code conditions into this error check specifically for WPML.  Probably something like > if WPML is installed and the Request URI is X then do not display the error message.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What we have decided to do is to add additional help text specifically for WPML and that is only displayed to people who have the WPML plugin installed (see new error message below for WPML only).  During WPML testing we noticed that the BPS Pro Activation Key error message is only displayed once temporarily right after clicking the WPML language switcher link and then the BPS Pro Activation Key error message disappears on its own once you click anywhere else in your WordPress Dashboard.

Error: The BPS Pro Activation Key is not valid for this website
    Go to the BPS Pro Activation page and request a new BPS Pro Activation Key for this website.
    You have the WPML plugin installed. You can ignore this error message unless it does not go away after clicking on any other WordPress links, menus, pages.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.