XAMPP Installation and deployment

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro XAMPP Installation and deployment

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    guy te watson
    Participant

I am using xampp localhost to design my websites now on my local computer and test all themes and plugins and get things working locally before a deploy the site online.  I would like to be able to use the BPS plugin too to make sure of no conflicts with other plugins but I know when I deploy it the paths are going to change. Can I run BPS on a local host and then deploy it with the finished site and if so what do I need to do to get it running on the actual domain online?  Do I need to uninstall it and delete and reinstall or something else. Or will it mess things up if I install it locally with the site and then deploy it online, will BPS be broken?  Please advice.

In Christ

guy te

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Since BPS Pro has a Setup Wizard so it is probably faster and simpler just to install BPS Pro on your Production/Live website.  The link below contains migrating, moving and cloning info.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/

guy te watson
    Participant

Ok got that. I will use the Setup Wiz. But will BPS run properly on a localhost on my computer so I can make sure there are not plugin/theme conflicts?  If so then when I deploy live I will just setup BPS with the Wiz.

So the main question at this point is will BPS run properly on a localhost on my Windows desktop computer so I can make sure there are not plugin/theme conflicts?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, everything in BPS Pro works the same on XAMPP, MAMP, LAMP, WAMP, etc.  BPS Pro is actually developed on a XAMPP Development site.

guy te watson
    Participant

Cool Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually let me rephrase that a bit.  BPS Pro works on XAMPP, but obviously there are a lot of differences between a locally installed Apache Server on a Windows computer and an Apache Server installed on a Linux Hosted Server.  The end result is the same – things just work, but of course the environments are very different.  BPS Pro is specifically coded to work in all environments.

guy te watson
    Participant

Oh one other thing is there a URL to a BPS Setup Wiz Tutorial Video that you can give me?

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We are currently in the process of updating older video tutorials with new video tutorials over the next week.  Things like the BPS Pro versions in the video tutorials are older and the WordPress versions are older, but all the video tutorials in the link below are current as far as steps / what to do.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.