Xternal Tools 403 Error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Xternal Tools 403 Error

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jeff C
    Participant

Hi,

When I try to display the Xternal Tools using the URL supplied on the Xternal Tools Guide page (with my domain name substituted), I get a 403 error. I see there is a Deny All in the .htaccess file in the folder where the relevant php file is located. Do I have to edit that first before I can access the tools?

Jeff

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATED Info Here: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-403-error/#post-29178

Try reloading the XTF page or refreshing your Browser.  The /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/.htaccess file is written/created in real-time with your current IP address on page load.  So you may need to reload the XTF page again.  If you are still seeing a 403 error then you can either delete the:  /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/.htaccess file or you can copy the: /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php file to your website root folder and use it.  The URL would be: example.com/xternal.php if you copy the file to your website root folder.

Jeff C
    Participant

If I copy the xternal.php file to the root folder, I need to disable Quarantining, copy the file, then update the file list, then re-enable the checking, right? In other words, does this trigger quarantining?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATED Info Here: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-403-error/#post-29178
    [older outdated info deleted]

Jeff C
    Participant

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Jeff

hcri50
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    1. Unzip the bulletproof-security.zip file on your computer.
    2. Upload the xternal.php file from the BPS zip file to this BPS plugin folder: /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php.
    I just downloaded the latest and I could not find the xternal folder with the xternal.php file. Am I missing something please?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro Xternal Tools (XTF) was added in BPS Pro 10.4.  Are you sure you are looking at the correct zip file?  The xternal.php file is in this folder:  /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php

jenni101
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi,
    After a huge (self-induced) problem on my site, I tried to access the Xternal tools login and it returned a 403 forbidden page. Now I’m back into the site I’ve found that the Xternal Tools was being blocked and is in the security logs as this:

[403 GET Request: April 23, 2016 - 5:45 am]
    Event Code: PFWR-PSBR-HPR
    Solution: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/security-log-event-codes/
    REMOTE_ADDR: 103.233.132.5
    Host Name: hmn-rt1-ppp-core.hmn.wanna.net.nz
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP: 
    HTTP_FORWARDED: 
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP: 
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: 
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php
    QUERY_STRING: 
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0

Should this have happened? And shall I just add it to the plugin firewall list?
    Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ jenni101 – If for some reason you cannot access the XTF Form using the /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php URL then you can copy the xternal.php file to your website root folder and access the XTF Form that way.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/xternal-tools-xtf-guide/

XTF Form Stand-Alone Website Root Folder Usage
    Use the steps below to copy the xternal.php file to your website root folder if you are seeing a 403 error or are unable to access the XTF Form using the normal XTF Form URL: /wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php.

1. Unzip the bulletproof-security.zip file on your computer or use FTP and download the /bulletproof-security/admin/xternal/xternal.php file from your website.
    2. Use FTP and rename the /bulletproof-security plugin folder to /_bulletproof-security.
    3. Use FTP and upload the xternal.php file to your website root folder.
    4. Go to the Xternal Tools page in your Browser: example.com/xternal.php.
    5. Choose the XTF Form options you want to use.
    6.  Use FTP and rename the /_bulletproof-security plugin folder back to /bulletproof-security.

jenni101
    Participant

Sorry for not getting straight back to you – the suggested procedure above worked great and all sorted now. Cheers, j

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ jenni101 – Great!  Thanks for confirming that worked.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.