You dont have permission to access /wp-admin/update.php on this server

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro You dont have permission to access /wp-admin/update.php on this server

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

Hi There,

Hope this mail finds you well.

I’m currently having a problem installing Bulletproof Pro onto the domain mentioned above. I am able to install the free version and this works fine. However when I try to install the pro version I get the following error

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/update.php on this server.
    Apache Server at [website domain removed for privacy] Port 80

I have set my file permissions to 755 and to 777 and neither worked in stopping the error. I have also tested the Pro on a clean install of wordpress and it does work. Would you have any suggestions to me why it would not install on this domain.

Thank you very much
    Andrew

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

755 folder permissions and 644 file permissions should be fine and you should not have to use 777 permissions.

Try this first: FTP to your website and delete the root and wp-admin .htaccess files and then try and install BPS Pro.

If you do not see the error message now/again then:
    1. Activate Root and wp-admin BulletProof Modes

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

FTP’d to website and renamed the /plugins folder to /plugins-hold and the wp-admin login was available.  I will update the troubleshooting steps to include doing this step first.  What this does is forces a deactivation of all plugins and clears whatever error occurred that caused your wp-admin area not to be accessible/not be able to log in.  Renaming the /plugins-hold folder back to /plugins causes several plugins to remain deactivated.  Activating them one by one did not cause the issue/problem to occur again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.