Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

[Email Question]
    Hello,
    I use the Bulletproof plugin (non pro) on my WordPress, last version, php 5.3

After the last update of WordPress (i think) I observe something strange: If I activate Root Folder BulletProof Mode (WBM is enabled), my WordPress and my other database, a MyBB forum, are down, with the error 500 when access Mybb and error: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress

I deleted the .htaccess from my root folder and the things are reverted to normal. But after a new activation of Root Folder BulletProof Mode the situation was come back.

How to manage this error and activate Root Folder BulletProof withouth breaking access to all my websites from server? I read on the WordPress forum that you want on this email the htaccess file and the cod from BPS Custom Code > click the Export button. So you have the attachments…

Thank you for help,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

[Confirmed working solution]
    I believe the code in your Root htaccess file that is causing the problem is this code:

# PHP/php.ini
    handler htaccess code
    suPHP_ConfigPath /home/espresso/php.ini

Try deleting that code and see if that fixes the error. If that works then you will also need to delete that php/php.ini handler htaccess code from BPS Root Custom Code too. Then Click the Save Root Custom Code button and activate Root folder BulletProof Mode.

Note: If you have Wordfence installed it adds that php/php.ini handler htaccess code.

Jason Torremocha
    Participant

When I upgraded my website PHP from version 5.6 to 7.2, I encountered this problem “Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress”. It turns out that mysql extension is no longer supported in php version 7.2. It is now using mysqli extention. I am using old version of wordpress which still using mysql extension that is why the problem existed. So what I did is upgraded the wordpress to the core. This solve the problem.

Here’s the steps I followed when upgrading wordpress manually.
    1. First I created a full backup of my website Fraction Calc. This is very important in case of mistake.
    2. I download the newest WordPress ZIP file from wordpress.org.
    3. I unzipped the file into a local directory of my computer.
    4. I went to my website root directory and deleted your ‘wp-includes’ and ‘wp-admin’ directories. I used sFTP connection using Filezilla software.
    5. I uploaded the new wp-includes and wp-admin directories from the new version of WordPress I unzipped to my website root directory and replaced the directories I just deleted.
    6. I did not delete the wp-content directory or any of the files in that directory. I just copied over the files from the wp-content directory in the new version of WordPress to my existing wp-content directory. All existing files with the same name have been overwritten.
    7. I copied all files from the root (‘/’) directory of the new version of WordPress that I unzipped into my website root directory (or the root directory of your WordPress installation). Existing files has been overwritten and new files has been copied across. wp-config.php file was not be affected because WordPress has never distributed with a wp-config.php file.
    8. I compare wp-config-sample.php which was\s distributed with WordPress but did not find anything to change so I just used the old one.
    9. I cleared my browser cache to ensure I can see all changes.
    10. I checked the site and there is no error now. Thanks God the upgrade was completed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.