Testimonials, Feedback & Ideas

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Testimonials, Feedback & Ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Jack Smith
    Participant

I would like to suggest that when BPS sends out a message indicating that there is a new entry in the security log, that a user has an option of having that log sent to them in a txt file.  The same applies for when BPS sends a statement that a folder has been locked, and asks you to log in and look at the issue.

I say this due to what happened to me today.  I received several messages stating that a new entry was in my security log.  Immediately after these messages came out, I received multiple messages stating that a folder had been locked.  Both of these messages wanted me to log-in and check.  I attempted to log-in and could not, I got the ‘white screen of death’.  GoDaddy support got the same screen.  They had to restore my site from a back-up done in the early AM.  Since I lost the recent logs, I have no idea as to what happened.  If the information had been sent to me, when the messages were sent, I would have been able to see what was going on.

It really would have been nice to have had those records, to see what triggered the alert to the security log, and as to what folder(s) had been locked.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Krzysztof – that already exists with Idle Session Logout (ISL). 😉

Krzysztof
    Participant

Just found it recently:   https://wordpress.org/plugins/snitch/

very interesting. Maybe something similar could be implemented into BPS Pro?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Cool idea!  I’ll check out that plugin when I get a chance. 😉

Krzysztof
    Participant

I’m using it since a while and it’s nice to have a look what is going under the hood and who want’s to communicate with the outer world without our knowledge. Previously it took me a lot of investigating to find out that some plugins do things which I don’t want them to do and with this little thing they can not hide 😉

Krzysztof
    Participant

Just found this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ip-geo-block/
    Maybe something like this could be implemented into BPS Pro?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Will check out that plugin and see if there is anything useful in that plugin that could be added to BPS Pro.  At this point BPS Pro has all the website security bases covered so we are careful about adding anything that is not essential to website security and want to avoid bloat/overdoing it.  😉

webstar
    Participant

This plugin has got to be the best value plugin for WordPress you can buy. For one low price, you get a lifetime license for all your sites. If you have the other security plugins such as iThemes, BackupBuddy, and others, forget about them. You may say to yourself that you already paid for your security plugin. But, that’s a “sunk cost”. Forget about it and get this one and truly protect your site. It’s packed with so many features and backed by amazing customer service. You can’t go wrong!

Thanks for a great product!

Cedric Liem (Small Business blog)

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ webstar – Thanks! Very much appreciated.

James
    Participant

Hi Guys,

The BPS plugin is amazing, but it is a real pig to make sure we paste the right bits of code into the right custom code text boxes on the custom code settings page. Many of the titles are very similar (CUSTOM CODE FOR XYZ…).

So could you please just add some numbering to the custom code text boxes, e.g.
    – 1) CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE:
    – 2) CUSTOM CODE TURN OFF YOUR SERVER SIGNATURE:
    – 3) CUSTOM CODE DO NOT SHOW DIRECTORY LISTING/DIRECTORY INDEX:
    etc etc…

It would then be really easy to tell us to put this bit of code into box No3, that bit of code goes in box number 5, etc, rather than having to match the code box names. It would also make it much easier to copy code between websites.

Cheers, James

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ James – Sure we can add numbers to the Custom Code text boxes, but as far as the forum goes we would still use the full Custom Code text box title name in any topics or replies.  Example:  Copy X to this Custom Code text box:  1. CUSTOM CODE TOP PHP/PHP.INI HANDLER/CACHE CODE.  The reason for that would be to maintain consistency/uniformity with the 1,000’s of forum topics and replies for the past and future years.

James
    Participant

Thanks, will look forward to seeing numbered code boxes in a future release. And of course it makes sense to use both number and name when referring to the various code boxes as you suggest. Keep up the good work guys! 🙂

P.S. Any chance of changing your forum to going back to the page being viewed after login please, rather than forwarding to the homepage? Your reading a thread, go to reply but have to log in first, but are then forwarded off somewhere else rather than back on the thread you wanted to reply to!

Cheers, James

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ James – Oops.  The sidebar template login URL now redirects to the last permalink on login.

James
    Participant

Thanks. Redirect after login now goes back to the last thread, but unfortunately not to the last page viewed of the last thread. So to reply here, I logged in and was forwarded to: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/testimonials-feedback-ideas/
    rather than to this page: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/testimonials-feedback-ideas/page/3/

Not a big problem really, but nice for usability, especially as we have to log back in each time we view the forum since the login timeout has logged us out!

James 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ James – Yeah you cannot actually redirect down to individual Replies within a Topic with BuddyPress/bbPress and can only redirect to a Topic’s permalink.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.