host moved bulletproof-security plugin folder

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro host moved bulletproof-security plugin folder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

One of my sites was working yesterday, but not today (getting 403 Forbidden error) even though I did not touch/change anything.  This is what my server host said the problem was:

“Okay, I disabled BPS by moving its directory up one level, and then I edited wp-config.php so that it can connect to your database. If you decide to use BPS again make sure it can’t make any changes to wp-config.php or it will take your site offline. That’s why it worked yesterday but not today.”

So as of right now, BPS is not in my plugins folder.

What is your response to what the hosting said?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Web host support techs know about things they are trained to know about like hosting account and FTP password issues/problems, hosting email issues/problems, host server issues/problems, etc.  Web host support techs are usually not trained on fixing WordPress, Plugins and Themes issues/problems. So you do not want to ask your web host support folks about anything specifically related to WordPress.

To troubleshoot BPS Pro issues/problems if you can or cannot login to your website use the help information here:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting  If you are unable to resolve the problem then contact us by posting a new forum topic or finding a similar forum topic and post a forum reply in that forum topic.

At this point your web host support tech has removed all of your website security by moving the BPS Pro plugin folder and potentially created a catastrophic problem for your website if you try to move the BPS Pro plugin folder back to where it was.  I need for you to send me a WordPress Administrator login to this website and an FTP login to your hosting account to make sure a major problem does not occur and so that I can fix the mistake your web host support person made.  Send the login info to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Note:  Standard WordPress Plugin troubleshooting is to rename or delete a plugin folder.  A plugin folder should never be moved somewhere else for any reason.  That is what I mean when I say web host support techs do not have any training, knowledge or experience about fixing WordPress, Plugins or Theme issues/problems.

Kim
    Participant

Thank you.  I will send you the info. you requested.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.