Twitter Stream 403 Error – Garees Twitter Stream plugin

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Twitter Stream 403 Error – Garees Twitter Stream plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

I’m getting a 403 Forbidden Error Page for a page that shows my clients twitter stream it has something to do with [] on the wordpress page you add the following line of code [twitter_stream template=”list” list=”Beesoninc/dairy” count=5] but something in that line causes the page to get a 403. I think it is something to do with the blackets []
    Can someone help

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Square Brackets were blocked in older versions of BPS and BPS Pro, but are no longer blocked by the most current versions of BPS or BPS Pro.  Please ensure that you have the most current version of BPS Pro installed.  Use BPS Pro Backup and backup your current htaccess files and activate Root folder and wp-admin BulletProof Modes again.

Do you see any logged errors in your BPS Pro Security Log directly related to Twitter Stream?  If so, please post that logged entry.

Nothing appears in the BOS Pro Security Log. I am ran as per your instructions but its still not working, i am running BULLETPROOF PRO 5.6.1

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Most likely the HEAD Request is what is being blocked by BPS.

[code deleted – was not relevant to the solving the problem]

Still no luck my htaccess looks like this:

[code deleted – was not relevant to solving the problem]

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you clear plugin cache?  Did you clear Browser cache? Use this online HTTP Request and Response Header tool to check your website.  Select the HEAD Radio button and enter the URL to your website. http://web-sniffer.net/

How do you clear the plugin cache?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you are not using a WordPress caching plugin then you will not have an option to delete your cache.  If you are using a caching plugin then go to that plugins settings page and clear your cache.

Can you recommend a plugin that will clear plugin caching

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying.  If you have a caching plugin installed it will create cache for your website.  If you do not have a caching plugin installed then you do not have any cached files.  If you are looking for a caching plugin then search the WordPress plugin repository for a caching plugin.  I cannot recommend a caching plugin because I do not want to ruffle any feathers.  😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I just checked your Twitter Beesoninc/dairy list on the Twitter site and I am not getting a 403 Error.  Where are you seeing the 403 Error exactly?

[domain removed – your site has malware on it] if you need to take a look in the admin let me know and ill set you up with an admin

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I think your website is currently hacked.  If not then i am getting false alerts.  When i scan your site with the Sucuri Site Check:  http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.beesoninc.com/who-we-follow/ it shows that your site is blacklisted on Yandex, but no malware is detected. When i run a deep scan of your website I did find malware. Infection: JS:Decode-LK [Trj] I am investigating this some more and will post back in a minute.

We have just moved the domain over from a place that was hacked so it probably hasn’t properly propagated yet.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

When I check the source code of the page you sent me this is what i see.  You have created these error messages on the page.  I would need to see that actual error not something that you created yourself.

#bpsMessage {
    text-align:center;
    background-color: #F7F8F9;
    border:5px solid #000000;
    padding:10px;
    }

<div id=”bpsMessage”>
    <p>beesoninc.com 403 Forbidden Error Page</p>
    <p>If you arrived here due to a search or clicking on a link click your Browser’s back button to return to the previous page. Thank you.</p>
    </div>
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.