Add Folders Files for Quarantine Exclusion

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Add Folders Files for Quarantine Exclusion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I recently purchases BPS Pro. I keep getting a not a valid file/folder path when I try to exclude a file or folder from quarantine. I have turned off ARQ Cron. No matter what I enter: full file path or partial, I keep getting the same “not valid path message.” I wanted to configure my Optimizepress theme css styles but it was thrown into quarantine. Here is the file path: /home2/aclpub/public_html/wp-content/themes/optimizepress/style.css. Tried to enter: themes/optimizepress/style.css to no avail, and full path. Also tried re installing plug, nothing… works. Also I cannot exclude any folder… Please advise

Thank you,
    Tony

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

See the AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

…and/or…

The AutoRestore/Quarantine Calibration Video Tutorial:  http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2841/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security-pro-overview-video-tutorial/

If after checking both of these resources does not give you the answer then post back here.  What may be happening with the exclude single file option for the style.css file is that the file must really exist at the path your entering and the file was in quarantine and not here: /home2/aclpub/public_html/wp-content/themes/optimizepress/style.css when you tried to exclude the file.

Tony
    Participant

Went through the tutorials but the problem still persist. Just for the hell of it I turned off ARQ Cron then tried to exclude my themes folder. I entered: theme, /themes/, wp-content/themes, the full file path etc. Nothing worked! I still get the messages: “themes is not a valid folder path” or ” wp-content/themes is not a valid folder path”  Tried uninstalling BPS Pro and then removed all of its backup folders; re installed and the problem still persist. Anything else I can do? Is there a config file that needs to be removed so I can perform a fresh re-install?

Thanks,
    Tony

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

There is only 1 valid path for the themes folder and that would be:   themes without any slashes and without using wp-content in the path.  If you use slashes or wp-content in the path you will see errors.  I believe FailSafe’s have been created to allow this.  If this was allowed then legitimate files woud be sent to Quarantine.

At this point send me a login to the site.  Create a temporary WordPress Admin login account and send it too:  edward [at] ait-pro [dot] com.  There may be a compatibility issue with your host or Server.  Your Host is not one of these incompatible web hosts in the link below by any chance is it?

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#incompatible-hosts

Tony
    Participant

Just sent you an email. Host is Hostgator.
    Thank you,
    Tony

Tony
    Participant

Thank you so much Ed for your help…Really appreciate It.
    Tony

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, no problem.  And I see some gaps/grey areas in our help info that do not clearly explain that after new ARQ exclude rules are created then folks should go to main AutoRestore page and click the Delete Backup Files button for whichever folder the new exclude rule was created for/under (wp-content, wp-admin, wp-includes) and then click the Backup Files button for that same folder to create new backup files, which will then not include the excluded files that were excluded.  This deletes old backup files that are no longer being checked by ARQ.  And yeah the single file exclude rule was just one of those silly things where 2 pairs of eyes are better than one.  😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.