After installing BPS Pro, images on my site do not display

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro After installing BPS Pro, images on my site do not display

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    lisa burgess
    Participant

After installing BPS pro (I followed the 5 minute install), now my images do not display on my site.
    My wordpress install is NOT multi-site, this is just a single install.
    Please help.
    thanks,
    lisa

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Does your site use an image Thumbnailer?  please post a link to your website to a page with images on it that are not displaying.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

And if you want your site to remain anonymous then state that in your reply and I will remove your website link. Thanks.

lisa burgess
    Participant

link: REMOVED

lisa burgess
    Participant

please yes, i would like it to remain anonymous.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm you might be the first person to have a problem with the new Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard .htaccess file.  When i try to view your images files i get a 500 Internal Server error and an error message that i have never seen before that is specific to Parallels Plesk H-Sphere.

Error 500: Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The problem is on the server side, not with your browser or the address. Most probably, a certain service (e.g., Tomcat engine) is down. Please contact your webmaster.

[obsolete-removed]

lisa burgess
    Participant

I followed your instructions, images are back.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep good I see that.  Ok for now just leave the Uploads BulletProof Mode off and I will have to get back to you on this one.  I want to look at some things about Parallels Plesk H-Sphere before trying to dive into this one.  I will contact you tomorrow once I have more info on Parallels software.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have contacted your Web Host with some questions regarding whether or not they have restrictions about using .htaccess files in the /uploads folder or if some of the .htaccess code might be restricted by your particular Web Host and am waiting for those answers.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Pomfret Computer Technologies LLC is a 5 Star Web Host!!!!!

WOW!  WOW! WOW!  Your Web Host – Pomfret Computer Technologies llc – http://www.pomfret.com/ and of course Brian Curtis from Pomfret Web Hosting deserve massive Kudos.  Lightening quick response, top notch technical support with courteous and polite customer service to boot.

Brian Curtis checked the Server Logs and identified the exact .htaccess code in the /uploads/.htaccess file that was causing the problem.  With this exact and excellent information from Brian, I know exactly what area of the code needs to be modified and will make the necessary Regex coding modifications to the uploads .htaccess file.  Once the new code is completed I will contact you.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

As it turns out the uploads .htaccess coding is problematic for several Web Hosts due to the way the code is structured/written.  We will be releasing a new version of BPS Pro today that will correct this issue.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro 5.3.1 has been released.  Please install the BPS Pro 5.3.1 upgrade.

[obsolete-removed]

lisa burgess
    Participant

Hi, I just updated but the images still do not display. ???
    Lisa

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Darn.  Ok then this is a specific issue/problem with your Host’s Server configuration.  Please delete the uploads .htaccess file again.  I will get back in touch with Brian Curtis to see what we can do about this for your specific Host/Server/Website.  Thank you.

lisa burgess
    Participant

not sure if this matters to this issue, but my wp admin also says my root htaccess is not locked and my DR root htaccess is not locked.
    -lisa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.