Alerts for PHP errors & Quarantined Files

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Alerts for PHP errors & Quarantined Files

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mniks
    Participant

Hi all,

Thanks in advance. And I am very happy with BPS-Pro.

I have been receiving Alerts for PHP errors & Quarantined Files since upgrading to BPS-Pro on one site, and a new install on another site (the other three sites are not reporting these errors).

I am in over my head and I am not qualified to assess these.

My amateur-novice self has searched and read about these reports.

I have taken some very basic steps. Namely, I cleared the reports, and reset the ‘last modified time’ hoping that these errors and quarantines were just glitches.

The errors and quarantines have returned.

If I post copies of the logs here it might be helpful, but some of these have hundreds of lines. They would be a huge post.

What should I do?

Mike.
    P.S. I’m sorry to be such a dummy.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Send a WordPress Administrator login to this site and I’ll fix whatever needs to be fixed.  Send the WP Admin login to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

Mniks
    Participant

I am speechless and grateful.

Login info on it’s way.

Hopefully you’ll later be able to give a breif dumbed-down version of what was out of whack.

Thank-you!
    Mike.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Well I got one of your sites done and then your host server crapped out.  If the other site is having the same problems then use the info below regarding this site > thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping -t thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com
    Pinging thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Default server error_log files were being repeatedly quarantined.
    Created a single file AutoRestore exclude rule for the error_log file > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#autorestore-exclude-rules

The php error is being caused by the BPS Pro Hidden Plugin Folders|Files Cron (HPF) feature.
    This file or folder is not readable > /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7.bk
    I need to add an additional condition to prevent this type of php error in the future.
    To fix this now > use FTP or your web host control panel File Manager tool and delete the /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7.bk file or folder.

[20-May-2022 02:16:33 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught UnexpectedValueException: RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/xxxxx/public_html/thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7.bk): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/xxxxx/public_html/thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/hidden-plugin-folders-cron.php:225
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/xxxxx/...', 0)
    #1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/hidden-plugin-folders-cron.php(225): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->getChildren()
    #2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/hidden-plugin-folders-cron.php(147): bpsPro_hidden_plugins_check_alert()
    #3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): bpsPro_hidden_plugins_check()
    #4 /home/xxxxx/public_html/thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook in /home/xxxxx/public_html/thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxat.com/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/hidden-plugin-folders-cron.php on line 225
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Turns out the web host blocked my IP address.  Both site’s issues are resolved.

Thank you for contacting the support team.
    Upon checking we could see that the IP address was temporarily blocked under the server firewall. Kindly verify the below-pasted log for your reference.
    csf.deny: 104.6.198.17 # lfd: (WPLOGIN) WP Login Attack 104.6.198.17 (US/United States/104-6-198-17.lightspeed.irvnca.sbcglobal.net): 5 in the last 18000 secs – Thu May 19 19:30:32 2022

Mniks
    Participant

As per this suggestion “To fix this now > use FTP or your web host control panel File Manager tool and delete the /wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7.bk file or folder”

The hosting company has deleted the mystery folder.

Forever grateful,

Mike.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.