Shippo API – Connect to WooCommerce 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Shippo API – Connect to WooCommerce 403 error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jameshouston135 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SmartphonePros
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to enable another website to connect to my woocommerce for shipping labels and am getting the following error

[403 GET Request: January 16, 2017 - 12:40 am]
    BPS: .54.2
    Event Code: BFHS - Blocked/Forbidden Hacker or Spammer
    Solution: N/A - Hacker/Spammer Blocked/Forbidden
    REMOTE_ADDR: 54.196.34.67
    Host Name: ec2-54-196-34-67.compute-1.amazonaws.com
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/readme.txt
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.111 Safari/537.36

I have added the IP addresses to the CUSTOM CODE WPADMIN TOP: section however this does not seem to be working. Please let me know the proper way to allow this connection.

Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please explain in full specific detail what you are trying to do.  Example:  Trying to do X from websiteA.com and connect to websiteB.com to do Y.  Please explain how and why you are doing this.  Include any/all other exact specific details to describe the problem.

SmartphonePros
    Participant

I am using a website called goshippo to connect to my website smartphonepros.com and set up their API. Their support article is here https://support.goshippo.com/hc/en-us/articles/207450406-How-do-I-connect-Shippo-to-my-WooCommerce-store where they describe the settings that will be managed by connecting.

I need to be logged into my website admin while I authorize this service and their app will do all of the API setup automatically. When I put in my login and hit Submit it gives me the error message “Your WooCommerce store is invalid. We only support WooCommerce shops starting at version 2.4” however my plugins are all updated so I though that goshippo is not reading my site as it needs to and then when I checked the BPS logs I see that the woocommerce readme.txt is being blocked from them reading.

Thank you again!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The forum topic title has been changed to accurately reflect the focus/subject of this topic

I don’t think the Security Log entry has anything to do with Shippo or the problem.  Do BPS Troubleshooting steps #1 and #2 to confirm or eliminate the BPS is blocking the Shippo REST API connection to your site:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting

jameshouston135
    Participant

Actually you are trying to use this app in woo commerce and i also facing the same issues so i will suggest you to use this app in shopify because it is smoothly run in shopify store without any sort of error.

jameshouston135
    Participant

Here i found a very brief and authentic review on shippo this might be helpful to other as well… https://www.withintheflow.com/shippo-review/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.