Jetpack Comments 404 Error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Jetpack Comments 404 Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve Lubetkin
    Participant

I administer the site jewishsacredaging.com and our visitors are getting 404 errors when they try to post comments on blog entries. This happens in the current theme, in the Twenty-Ten theme, with all plugins (including BPS Pro) disabled or active. I’m thinking it’s a theme compatibility issue. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Steve L.

steve @ lubetkincommunications.com

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You are using Jetpack Comments on this site.  I believe this is some kind of remote comment feature/plugin in Jetpack.  It could be that Jetpack comments is not setup correctly on this site.  To eliminate that BPS Pro could be causing this problem you would do the standard BPS Pro Troubleshooting steps below and also check your BPS Pro Security log for any errors related to Jetpack comments.  If you see an error in your Security Log file directly related to Jetpack then post that error here.  Please do not post your entire Security Log.

NEVER deactivate and reactivate the BPS Pro plugin for troubleshooting – this takes all of the built-in BPS Pro troubleshooting tools away.  ALWAYS follow the standard BPS Pro troubleshooting steps below.  BPS Pro is a very advanced plugin and all security features can be turned On an Off within BPS Pro.

What I recommend is that you deactivate the Plugin Firewall first and test to see if Jetpack Remote comments work.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Steve Lubetkin
    Participant

I found the problem. The site was missing its wp-comments-post.php file. Once I added that back, everything started working. Duh. Sorry!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yup, that would make sense for a 404 Not Found error.  Thanks for posting the cause and solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.