Auto Restore

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Auto Restore

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

I experienced the “white screen of death” after WP upgraded to 5.3.1.  I fixed that by doing a manual upgrade and everything was fine until I got an ARQ is turned off message.  Stupidly, I did not follow the directions given for turning ARQ back on and shortly after I finished (within 30 seconds) 3 notifications about quarantined files landed in my inbox.  Now, instead of a white screen of death, I have the message “The site is experiencing technical difficulties” displayed.  I cannot access wp-admin to see the quarantined files so I looked on the forum for a topic that might help.  I found one, renamed bulletproof-security to _bulletproof-security and then looked at the quarantine log but all of the directories were empty under bps-backup/logs. As an additional note, if it means anything at all, wp-admin was reporting an insecure php version on the server: 7.2.19 when the latest version is 7.2.24.  I doubt that this is an issue (I’ve asked the hosting company to upgrade) but I thought I’d mention it.

I suppose I could re-do the manual upgrade but I won’t be able to deactivate the plugins as the WordPress document states since I can’t access wp-admin.

Any ideas of how to get out of this fix?  Delete BPS-Pro and reinstall?

Thanks!

Jeff

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster
    Jeff
    Participant

I downloaded the latest version of WordPress and re-installed it.  Problem solved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.