auto_.htaccess quarantine and php errors

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro auto_.htaccess quarantine and php errors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Jan
    Participant

I have DSO Server so I will delete them. Thanks!

AW
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi BPS,

I had the file ( auto_.htaccess ) which keep on being quarantine. I don’t know what file was that, and should i restore it back? The error message is as below :

[Root File AutoRestore Logged: November 27, 2015 10:57 am]
    Quarantined Filename: Root .htaccess file renamed to auto_.htaccess
    Quarantine Path: /home4/alexwong/public_html/sabahtrade.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/auto_.htaccess
    Restore Path: /home4/alexwong/public_html/sabahtrade.com/.htaccess

[Root File AutoRestore Logged: November 27, 2015 10:59 am]
    Quarantined Filename: Root .htaccess file renamed to auto_.htaccess
    Quarantine Path: /home4/alexwong/public_html/sabahtrade.com/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/auto_.htaccess
    Restore Path: /home4/alexwong/public_html/sabahtrade.com/.htaccess

Looking forward for your guide.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have a DSO or CGI Server API/Type?  You can find that information on the BPS Pro System Info page under Server API:.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,

Thanks for speedy reply again. Here’s the information i found out:
    Server API: cgi-fcgi CGI Host Server Type

An apology as i am not good in coding, therefore i copied all the necessary. Is it the correct information i provided above?
    Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok now do these steps and let me know if the root htaccess file (auto_.htaccess) is quarantined again.

1. Go to the B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page > click the Lock htaccess File button > click the Turn On AutoLock button.
    2. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

AW
    Participant

Hi,
    Should I restore the auto_.htaccess first before i proceed to the steps you mentioned above? Thanks.
    Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

No, just do the steps above and let me know what happens.

AW
    Participant

Hi BPS,
    I did as what guided, for the few minutes and hours it didn’t appear anymore.(sounds good yeh) Then the next day, I type my domain and it appear to have some code behind: com/?v=7443eca7ab02 That’s pretty good security i guess and was it from BPS? which function was that? Thanks.

Regards,
    Alex Wong

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Glad to hear the Root htaccess file quarantine problem is fixed.  There is nothing in BPS that does this:  ?v=7443eca7ab02 so that is being done by something else.

armintz
    Participant

Same problem as the original poster. WPEngine hosting and getting auto_.htaccess file going to quarantine every few minutes. In post #26666 you mentioned:

1. Go to the B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page > click the Lock htaccess File button > click the Turn On AutoLock button.
    2. Go to the BPS Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.

Did the BPS Pro dashboard change since you posted this? I don’t see a “Lock htaccess File button” anywhere in the B-Core > htaccess File Editor tab page.

Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    WP Filesystem API Method: direct
    Server API: apache2handler DSO Host Server Type

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ armintz – The Lock htaccess File button & Turn On AutoLock button are only displayed for CGI server types and not DSO server types.  DSO server types do not allow you to use 404 file permissions for htaccess files or any files.  You can either try to figure out what is causing the root htaccess file to be autorestored and quarantined repeatedly or you could try something very advanced and complicated for your DSO server type in this forum topic:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/allow-404-file-permissions-for-htaccess-files-dso/  Send me the auto_.htaccess file code that is quarantined the next time it is quarantined and also send me your current active root htaccess file code so I can compare the code:  info at ait-pro dot com.

armintz
    Participant

Email sent, thanks

Chris Moon
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    My secure .htaccess file is being renamed auto_.htaccess and quarantined. I have four sites on this server and only one of my sites is renaming the .htaccess.
    Thesis theme 2.2
    WP 4.7.3
    Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Chris Moon – The auto_.htaccess file is a copy of your root .htaccess file that is renamed from .htaccess to auto_.htaccess so that it is treated as a plain file and is not executed/processed by your server/website.  Do the steps below to lock to your Root htaccess file.

Carmen Reyes
    Participant

BPS quarantined root file auto_.htaccess and also root file .htaccess- I tried to get into the website to see what was up but was locked out and the error message said the URL wasn’t found on the server. Blue Host Tech support got in and disabled .htaccess. I didn’t notice that there were two files in quarantine until I got into the website. BPS has both in quarantine and is giving the Alert! BULLETPROOF PRO x.x SECURE .HTACCESS line of code was not found at the top of your Root htaccess.  It seems I have been having this quarantine issue on and off since summer with BPS renaming .htaccess to auto_.htaccess.  .htaccess- file in the quarantine log just appeared today. So I restored the auto_.htaccess and got locked out of the website again. Not sure what to do, gonna go into File Manager at Blue Host and look around. Can you tell me how to fix this so I can get into my website and what to do with the quarantined files so I don’t get locked out again?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.