BPS deleted and all settings lost

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS deleted and all settings lost

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KW
    Participant

Hey team

I am not sure what happened. We don’t have people accessing our site with authority to delete plugins, but today I logged in and got a notification that the bps plugin folder could not be found.

I looked in our file manager and the plugin folder existed with 3 files in it. Which I had to delete before I could add the plugin again.

Our hosting company ran a scan for malicious code and found 3 files. They quarantined those files, but I want to make sure everything is protected again.

I have reinstalled bps, but I lost all of my settings. I only have database backups. Is that adequate to get bps back up and running on our site?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Install the most current version of BPS Pro:  15.2 and run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard, which will automatically setup BPS Pro with optimum default option settings.  The Setup Wizard has the Setup Wizard AutoFix feature, which will automatically create any htaccess whitelist rules that are needed for any plugins and themes and automatically setup the most popular caching plugin’s htaccess code in your root htaccess file > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/setup-wizard-autofix/.  Let me know if you need any additional help with anything.

KW
    Participant

Thank you. I am unable to download the BPS Pro with my activation key. 🙁

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You need to use your BPS Pro Download-Request Key to download BPS Pro and not a BPS Pro Activation Key.  If you need me to resend your BPS Pro Download-Request Key email to you then send an email to:  info at ait-pro dot com.  Please be sure to either send the email from the email address used to purchase BPS Pro or state something like this in the email:  “This is the PayPal email address used to purchase BPS Pro:  example at example dot com.

KW
    Participant

Thank you for that. But, we did have some customized settings. Is there a way to recover them? I don’t remember everything that we customized and I do remember it was a very arduous process where we accidentally got into a vicious loop where the website crashed over and over due to user error. I’d like to avoid that. 🙂

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If the custom settings that you had were htaccess code saved in BPS Custom Code then you can find backups of your root htaccess files by date timestamp here > /wp-content/bps-backup/master-backups/root.htaccess-2021-1-1-12-26-54-pm.  You would then copy the custom htaccess code out of your root htaccess backup file and paste that custom htaccess code into the correct BPS Root Custom Code text box.

If the custom settings that you had were plugin option settings then what I recommend that you do is install a new WordPress development website, install BPS Pro on that new dev site, restore/import ONLY the wp_options database table (the WP Database table that contains plugin and theme option settings) from a backup, use the BPS Pro Setup Wizard Export|Import tool to export your BPS Pro plugin option settings and finally import your BPS Pro plugin option settings into your site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.