Strato Hosting – BPS menu tabs not displaying correctly, visual format is broken, Plugin Firewall

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Strato Hosting – BPS menu tabs not displaying correctly, visual format is broken, Plugin Firewall

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep disregard the /wp-content/.htaccess file thing.

The problem is this:  This particular Web Host is blocking the Server/Website IP Address from being retrieved by BPS Pro (see personal note to myself) and you will need to enter the Server/website IP address manually in the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file.  The Server/website IP address will also be blocked on the BPS Pro System Info page by this web host.

Allow from env=whitelist
    Allow from ursula-hanisch.de
    Allow from [the server/website IP address is missing here due the Host Server blocking this]

IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses found by using the BPS Pro Pro-Tools DNS Finder tool.
    (personal note: maybe implement this DNS method to get the IP address in the Plugin Firewall/Setup Wizard depending on # of cases – so far only 1 web host is known to be problematic).

The IPv4 IP address for this site is:  81.169.145.164
    The IPv6 IP address for this site is:  2a01:238:20a:202:1090::144
    Try adding the IPv4 IP address first.  If that does not work then add the IPv6 IP address.
    This web host is:  Strato

simon
    Participant

The The IPv4 IP address worked! Thanks for the support.

Awesome as usual!!!!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming the solution.  I guess since the BPS Pro DNS Finder tool can get the IP address then I’ll see about adding that code to the Plugin Firewall and Setup Wizard code if it is not too much of a pain in the neck.  😉

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.