Strato Hosting – BPS menu tabs not displaying correctly, visual format is broken, Plugin Firewall

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Strato Hosting – BPS menu tabs not displaying correctly, visual format is broken, Plugin Firewall

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    simon
    Participant

After installing BPS Pro and clicking the Auto Setup Button, the whole Plugin is shown incorreclty. The Layout is gone an all the tabs too. The Whitelist box is empty and i also tested the firewall. Don’t know how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards
    Simon

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

On the Security Modes page, click the Plugin Firewall BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. Refresh your Browser.  Let me know what happens at this point.

simon
    Participant

That solved the problem! 🙂  Thanks

Just that massage is there: An htaccess file was NOT found in your plugins folder.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

That was just a general troubleshooting step to determine if the problem was being caused by the Plugin Firewall.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

What this means is that there are invalid whitelist rules in your Plugin Firewall Whitelist text area that was causing the problem.  Post your website URL and I will scan your website and post your correct Plugin Firewall whitelist rules.

Note:  If you are using a minifying plugin then you cannot use the Plugin Firewall until you exclude all frontloading plugin scripts from being minified.  Minifying breaks the Plugin Firewall and there are many other reasons not to minify frontloading plugin scripts.

simon
    Participant

[link has been removed for privacy]

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok yep this is what happened.  Your website does not have any plugin scripts that need to whitelisted in the Plugin Firewall so the Setup Wizard did not create a new Plugin Firewall .htaccess file with your correct website/Server IP address.  We know about this issue/problem and will have this corrected in the Setup Wizard in next BPS Pro version.

Do these steps:

1. Click the Plugin Firewall menu link.
    2. Click the Save Whitelist Options button.
    3. Activate the Plugin Firewall.

simon
    Participant

Ok i did that but now the tabs and layout is gone again.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then your Host Server is blocking your website IP address from being retrieved or another security plugin is doing that.  I will need to login to the site to see what is causing the problem.  Please create a temporary WordPress Admin login and send it to edward [at] ait-pro [dot] com.  Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually we have no records in our system that indicate you are a BPS Pro customer.  Please do not send login information.  Did someone else install BPS Pro on your website?  A website developer?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have the Sucuri plugin installed?  When I try to check some things on your website I see all the classic problems that happen when the Sucuri wp-content 1-click hardening option/setting is being used.  Delete the .htaccess file in your /wp-content folder.

403 Forbidden error when trying to check for the Sucuri /wp-content/.htaccess file.
    xxxx.com/wp-content/.htaccess

simon
    Participant

??? This is a clients website.  I installed it myself. I am client for over a year. I can send you my DL key if you need…  The login informations are already sent.

simon
    Participant

Never heard of that plugin. It is not installed. Shall i delete the .htaccess file in my /wp-content folder?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Oh ok that is why I did not find it in our system.  We do not log into your client sites per the BPS Pro licensing agreement and only offer Forum Support for your client’s sites.

http://www.ait-pro.com/aitpro-blog/2951/bulletproof-security-pro/bulletproof-security-pro-5-0-software-license/

If You install BulletProof Security Pro on Your clients websites then You are responsible for supporting BulletProof Security Pro for Your clients. AITpro offers free technical support to the licensee of the BulletProof Security Pro software only and is not responsible for supporting BulletProof Security Pro on Your clients websites.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Post the code in that /wp-content/.htaccess file so I can see what it is doing.

simon
    Participant

Do you mean /wp-content/plugins/.htaccess ?
    /wp-content/.htaccess does not exist.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.