BPS on CyberPanel on Linode

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS on CyberPanel on Linode

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm interesting.  Good to know.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

To not forget, it is same on GCP and Linode (I switched back to GCP).

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

PROBLEM (huge)

Only the first website can be installed with BPS, and each subsequent website (or child website), BPS requires that the BPS folder be enabled manually. However, that is impossible (remain disabled -red).

In case the BPS is installed with htaccess disabled, the website is inaccessible on every page except the initial one (404). With little activity, it can be seen that the BPS is still protesting because of the htaccess. In short, the site is completely unusable.

BPS Pro Alert! Your site may not be protected by BulletProof Security
    The BPS version: BULLETPROOF PRO x.x SECURE .HTACCESS line of code was not found at the top of your Root htaccess file.
    The BPS version line of code MUST be at the very top of your Root htaccess file.
    Go to the Security Modes page and click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Activate button.
    To Dismiss this Notice click the Dismiss Notice button below. To Reset Dismiss Notices click the Reset|Recheck Dismiss Notices button on the S-Monitor page.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I’m currently doing the final packaging of BPS Pro 15.3, which will be released some time today.  So tomorrow I will work with you to try and figure out how CyberPanel works and how to get BPS Pro working with CyberPanel.  I will first need to do some research and reading about what and how CyberPanel works since I have never heard of it before.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

OK

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

To not forget, it going same also with marketplace image of OpenLiteSpeed WordPress.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, I will take a look at all of these unusual/unique things that I have never heard about before.  😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The Setup Wizard “htaccess Files Disabled Notice” and htaccess files being disabled incorrectly was a bug after all, which I finally found and fixed an hour ago.  I have uploaded new BPS Pro zip files, but don’t want to release a new BPS Pro version this close to the BPS Pro 15.3 release.  So if you want a new BPS Pro zip file with the bug fixed then download a new BPS Pro zip file from the BPS Pro Download Area.  Or since this bug not a big deal then just wait for BPS Pro 15.4 to be released.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so at this point, test installing BPS Pro using a new BPS Pro zip file > https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/. If you run into problems then we can start looking at what specific things on your server could be the reason for those problems. The last couple of months of BPS Pro development have been hectic getting BPS Pro PHP 8 compliant. A couple of bugs were created during that process, which are now fixed.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

Sorry for delay.

1. Yes, it works now.
    2. Now is problem that BPS can’t see error log path (till last version, it wasn’t problem).
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I added some new conditional checks in the php error log does not match check, but did not change that checking function itself.  What exact error message are you seeing?  Copy and paste the error message in your forum reply.

• P-Security: PHP Error Log: Additional conditional checks added for the PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match error check. Forum topic created with cause/solution help info: PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match Help Forum Topic

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match
    The “PHP Error Log Location Set To” value does not match the “Error Log Path Seen by Server” value.
    Click Here to go to the PHP Error Log page.
    Copy the “Error Log Path Seen by Server” value: blank/none into the “PHP Error Log Location Set To” text box and click the Set Error Log Location button to fix this unless you see “blank/none” for the value.
    If you see “blank/none” for the value click this forum link: PHP Error Log Path Does Not Match for how to fix this problem.
    Cause of the problem: The BPS ini_set Options code does not exist in the wp-config.php file.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

So, for “Error Log Path Seen by Server”, value is blank/none.

For me is confusing that until last version, it was recognized by BPS. It is not how to fix (there is a link), it is about how could be that now BPS cannot recognize.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so yeah this is pretty simple issue.  Just follow that steps in this forum topic to fix the problem >  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-error-log-path-does-not-match-error-log-path-seen-by-server-blank-none/ Basically what is happening is that the automation in BPS Pro is not able to correctly do everything for you because of some language issue. I’m working on that. It takes lower priority, but it is on the list of things to complete.

Ljubomir Manojlovic
    Participant

1) I just wrote that for me is surprise that error log path warning change from BPS version to version.

2) For your library (tutorials, whatever), in case of CyberPanel installation, probably best practice (to not depends on case by case), is to primary enable domain based error logs by override global php values by editing ‘ vHost Conf’ for each domain as follow (there is already ‘phpIniOverride’ section, just append):

phpIniOverride {
    php_admin_value error_log "php_error.log"
    php_admin_value display_errors "on"
    }

Replace php_admin_value error_log “php_error.log” with path shown by BPS (so, instead of “php_error.log”), to looks something like:

phpIniOverride {
    php_admin_value error_log "/home/mydomain.com/public_html/wp-content/bps-backup/logs/bps_php_error.log"
    php_admin_value display_errors "on"
    }

So, DO NOT USE user.ini as it can produce problems (see details on https://docs.litespeedtech.com/cp/cpanel/php-user-ini/#can-i-use-userini-with-litespeed-web-server).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.