BPS Pro pages blank after domain change

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Pro pages blank after domain change

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    YoolsLoganta
    Participant

That seemed to work, thanks!

I now have 2 files in quarantine: wpadmin.htaccess and Oct-20-2014–19-36-54–auto_.htaccess.
    What should I do with them?

PS Will follow your manual for moving or cloning a site the next time : ) Didn’t know it existed!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You can delete the root and wp-admin htaccess files in Quarantine.  They sometimes get quarantined during a reinstall.  There are lots of different ways/methods you could use when doing cloning/migrations regarding BPS Pro.  The general idea is that if something happens like this particular problem you just manually delete the BPS Pro plugin files and reinstall the plugin files.  For good measure I would re-run the Setup Wizards again on the new cloned site.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

FYI – BPS Pro will automatically disable/destroy itself if it thinks it has been pirated.  😉  So depending on how the Clone was done could trigger the anti-piracy self-destruct mechanisms in BPS Pro.

Julia
    Participant

[Topic merged into this relevant Topic]
    I just did a fresh install of BPS Pro.  PreInstallation and Installation Wizards both worked.  No red errors.  BUT  while I can see the BPS messages I cannot go to any of the BPS functions.. the screen below the messages is BLANK.  I have tried different functions and different browsers.. same thing. All other Dashboard Panel screens are fine (show up and function normally)  it is only the BPS functions that do not appear. I have put a screenshot on this temporary page  http://meditatevancouverisland.org/2014/11/temporary_post/. I am running the cache that comes with WordFence, and I did clear that cache

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Julia – I see error messages on the API Server that your encryted Activation Key does not match your domain name.  Request a new Activation Key for this website.

Julia
    Participant

I requested and received a new key at 10:33 am when I did the above noted pre-install and install wizards.  Per your advice I have requested it again.. but I note that it is the identical key – I compared the emails – but it works.  Maybe I copied it wrong.  Thanks

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, you are correct the dot (.) on the end of your Activation Key was missing before.  xxxxxxxxxa.

jenni101
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hi there,

my setup: new w/p root install for new site with various plugins for  a simple membership forum (inc. Buddypress, rtmedia, s2member, contact form 7, visual composer + a few others).

All good to start with, until after i purchased a SSL cert with dedicated IP (cert installed by hosting admin) and switched my w/p settings to https. I’ve just been reading up again on all the forums about switching over to SSL and working through my plugins changing any urls to https, and just went to go to my BPS settings but can’t access them at all! The site itself seems fine, both front and backend and other plugin settings and functionality seem OK too.

Now it says I have a file in Quarantine, and although I can see the BPS settings at the top of my dashboard, when I click on a link to take me to ARQ,  all it does is show a blank page within my w/p admin section still – in fact it does that for every page/link selected for BPS.

I was about to add the SSL code into my .htaccess custom code as per recommended here (http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/wordpress-ssl-htaccess-code-rewrite-ssl-rewritecond-server_port/#post-7233 ) but now of course I can’t access it.

What would be your recommended action? Perhaps I’ve done it in the wrong order? Should I have added the custom code into my .htaccess in BPS before changing my w/p settings to https???

As it’s a new site, it’s currently in maintenance mode – which of course I can’t access the settings now to change – but I can set up a temporary user login if that helps? Not sure what to do now, so would really appreciate your help! Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ jenni101 – BPS Pro Activation Keys are your encrypted website URI|URL including the Scheme (http|https) + domain prefix or subdomain name (www|non-www|subdomain name) + root domain name.  Any time anything changes about your website URI|URL you will need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key on the BPS Pro Activation page.

jenni101
    Participant

Oops, forgot about that! So as all BPS pages are blank so I can’t get another activation key, I followed your advice for Stefaan on oct 20th in this thread…

Ok then use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.  Then use the WordPress Upload Zip installer to install the bulletproof-security.zip file.  This will create all new BPS Pro plugin files, but will not change any of your BPS Pro database settings or any of your other BPS Pro settings.

.. deleted BPS via mu cPanel, and reinstalled via plugins, but it’s still the same! So still all blank pages and no option to request/input new activation key. I’ll retry again but think it’s unlikely to work if it didn’t first time around.

What’s my next best move? Should I delete my root .htaccess file too?? Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BPS Pro plugin Activation page should not be blank.  Go the BPS Pro plugin Activation page to request a new Activation Key.

jenni101
    Participant

OK I re-did the previous steps (just in case) and refreshed the cpanel and my admin dashboard. Reinstalled as usual – again blank pages… and then realised i could go straight to the activation page via the extended menu – and it did load OK. In fact it probably would have done if I’d done this first of all! Sorry about this – all sorted now.

Really appreciate your quick reply too.

Guillermo
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevent Topic]
    I’m not sure where I’ve gone wrong.  I logged on to my website to see a AutoRestore|Quarantine Alert and a Security Log Alert.  I’m thinking I made changes to my site yesterday without turning off the auto-restore. The problem is that I cannot access BPS Pro.  All I see when I click any of the BPS Pro tabs is the AutoRestore Alert, Security Log Alert, Bonus Custom Code alert, a black horizontal line and NOTHING under it. How can I get BPS Pro working on my site again?

Thanks!
    Guillermo

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Guillermo – You just need to request a new Activation Key on the BPS Pro Activation page.  BPS Pro encrypted Activation Keys are you domain name/url encrypted.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.