W3 Total Cache master file quarantined – calibrating, excluding files from being checked by ARQ

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro W3 Total Cache master file quarantined – calibrating, excluding files from being checked by ARQ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul D.
    Participant

BPS Pro quarantined W3 Total Cache master.php file.. why ? and how do we fix this ? I followed steps as detailed here:

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/installing-w3-total-cache-with-bulletproof-security-pro/

specifically :

1. Go to F-Lock and unlock both your Root .htaccess file and your wp-config.php file.
    2. Turn off AutoRestore.
    3. Install W3 Total Cache.
    4. Click the 4 Backup Files buttons on the AutoRestore page.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back on.
    6. Go to F-Lock and lock both your Root .htaccess file and your wp-config.php file.

Please help.

Paul

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is an AutoRestore/Quarantine Calibration issue.  The W3 Total Cache master file needs to be excluded from being checked by AutoRestore/Quarantine because it is a dynamically updated plugin file.

Please see the AutoRestore/Quarantine Guide link below on how to Calibrate (exclude dynamically updated plugin files from being checked by ARQ) ARQ.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#ARQ-Calibration

Saving W3TC cache code permanently to BPS Custom Code
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/installing-w3-total-cache-with-bulletproof-security-pro/#post-12199

Paul D.
    Participant

Thank you.

I have excluded the full path of the quarantined file to the “Non WordPress” option and restored the quarantined file.

I will check it later if it will continue to quarantine the mentioned file. I hope i’m doing it right.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually you want to use the WordPress Folders and Files option.  The non-WordPress option means any files that are not related to WordPress.  I guess that should be clearer in the Help files because it could be interpreted as the difference between WordPress Core files and WordPress plugin files.  I will add that in the Blue Read Me help button help information BPS Pro 5.7.

Exclude Folders & Files:
    For WordPress Folders & Files (ONLY)

Paul D.
    Participant

Oooops !  I thought that “WordPress Only” option is referring to the actual WordPress files and not the plugins.

Can I just add that exclude again without editing something I did ?  Too bad I deleted the quarantine logs and reset the last modified time. I’ll just recheck the path again in cpanel.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You would just use the Remove Added Folders/Files Search tool do a search for:   Hint: A search using only a single forward slash “/” will show all database search results, copy that path and then just remove it.  Then just add the exclude rule with WordPress Folders and Files tool by pasting the path into that text box.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.