BPS Setup Wizard AutoFix persistent alert

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro BPS Setup Wizard AutoFix persistent alert

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    bbmedia
    Participant

Yeah, I’m not going to do that – just can’t be bothered wasting any more time on this. Since the update, it is happening on multiple woocommerce sites (not all).

If you want access to the sites to investigate further, then I’ll supply the access, but it is not affecting usage at present, and or now is just an annoyance.

It sounds like the steam has gone out of the product. It needs a different viewpoint. If you want to offload this product, let me know.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

If you would like for me to login and take care of whatever needs to be handled then I would be glad to do that.  Send your site login info to:  info at ait-pro dot com.

BPS Pro is a completed project to us at this point.  There are some additional things that need to be taken care of/fixed/etc. but as far as new development goes we do not see any need to add new things besides one other possible new feature as time permits.  For years now BPS Pro has had a very impressive track record so you kind of have to go – the core of this thing is rock solid.  Everything can be improved upon so of course we will continue to do those things as needed.  😉

We have considered selling the BPS Pro project, but at this point it brings in about 20% of our annual revenue.  So any offer would have to be a “real” offer.  I think Ed kind of likes BPS Pro in a personal/attached way.  So yeah it would take a very serious offer to sell BPS Pro off.  Just a guess on that.  😉

bbmedia
    Participant

Ok, 20% of revenue? BPS Pro is currently paid as a once-off, not a subscription. So the real question is to what ratio that once-off subscription actually covers the dev/support personnel costs, esp given it would be a deteriorating ratio. Obviously I’d need to see some figures to be able to provide some sort of an offer. You have my email address.

Anyway, access details for a couple of sites that matter in your inbox.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I informed Ed about this forum topic and he is not interested in selling BPS Pro.  The original idea was to keep BPS Pro very affordable to anyone/everyone.  We could have gone the subscription route, but chose not to based on generally following the WP model of offering a product that anyone/everyone could afford and use if they chose to go with BPS Pro.  If we had chosen the subscription model then yeah BPS Pro would probably make up a very significant portion of our annual revenue.  Things are good over here so we can afford to do a “giveaway” type of thing with BPS Pro.

I received your email and have a couple of other issues/problems to take care of first.  Typically the majority of questions/issues/problems are sent to us directly via email, which take longer to deal with (ie working through an email queue) instead of forum stuff.  😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The user account that you sent to me for the whisky club site does not have sufficient permissions to enable me to do everything I need to do.  Please give that user account full Admin permissions.  Thanks.

JohnS168
    Participant

I ran into the same problem but the solution of deleting and reloading the custom rules did not solve the problem.

I found that I already had a rule in my 13.3.3 version site that contained the following snippet in custom code box 10.

# WooCommerce order & wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments Query String skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} .*(order|wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments).* [NC]
    RewriteRule . – [S=14]

# WooCommerce shop, cart, checkout & wishlist URI skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/(shop|cart|checkout|wishlist).* [NC]
    RewriteRule . – [S=13]

If I deleted these rules and reran the wizard it fixed the issue.  The wizard created the following new rules.

# WooCommerce shop, cart, checkout & wishlist URI skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^.*/(shop|cart|checkout|wishlist).* [NC]
    RewriteRule . – [S=14]

# WooCommerce order & wc-ajax= Query String skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} .*(order|wc-ajax=).* [NC]
    RewriteRule . – [S=13]

Note the different with wc-ajax.  Just another solution for those that are bangin their head.

As to bbmedia’s frustration, I share some of it  (my biggest complaint is the undefined variable warnings that fill my debug log while I am trying to work on my own code issues).  Having said that this is a great body of work that has kept my sites free of problems for years.  Dear god, work with a marketing guy and make this work.  A lot of us depend on you to help keep us safe and I would hate for you to have less focus because you lost the marketing hype game.  Cheering you on.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ JohnS168 –  Thank you for the excellent feedback.  I want to reassure you that we will always continue to support BPS Pro 100% and we would like to add one more security feature that we feel would be a huge asset.  Our focus has always been on creating something that really does what it says it does and have spent very little time on hype or advertising/marketing.  These days that is a mistake, but oh well.  Our committment to BPS Pro users will remain at 100% support no matter what.  Honestly BPS Pro can be considered as generally completed (bugfixes as needed of course) and every once in a while I get a reminder of that.  ie a client site was attacked, the attack/hack was stopped dead in it’s tracks, got that POA info, locked down that attack vector and was able to inform the client about the attack in a wonderful way instead of a “houston we have a problem” way.  😉

Anyway at this point we believe trying to do additional marketing strategy stuff for BPS Pro is a moot point.  Most folks are going to choose the most popularly downloaded WP plugin.  That is just what is, but BPS Pro will always remain awesome for anyone who sees the real value of BPS Pro.  😉

bbmedia
    Participant

Well spotted John. Thanks mate.

My response to this  is to ask why you guys don’t then sell to someone like me, or a group of us customers who *can* re-design it and market it for broader appeal (yes, we will honour the existing lifetime licenses) and take it to a much wider user base in a way that is sustainable. If it’s such a great product then surely more people deserve to be using it (without having to put up with incessant fixes and poor interface that burden us long time users with lots of sites).

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ bbmedia – For years now BPS Pro has been successfully protecting folks websites and has probably saved literally somewhere in the millions in lost revenue/downtime/etc. for folks.  The BPS Pro track record is literally amazing – ie has exceeded every goal we set out to achieve.  Yes, things can always be improved upon and we are committed to continually improving BPS Pro.

Maybe something else is going on with your websites?  Take a look at the video tutorials here > https://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/  Does the BPS Pro GUI look somewhat similar or does it look broken on your websites?  Unfortunately, there is a very common problem that has existed for years now where other plugins and themes do not correctly contain or enqueue their scripts in the WP shared environment in a way that interferes with other plugins and themes.  Not pointing fingers and just stating fact here.

If the issue is simply that you feel that BPS Pro Custom Code could be done differently then there are many logical technical reasons for why BPS Pro Custom Code is done the way it is done.  If you create something that is overly simplistic then you are going to lose a lot of versatility in overall functionality.  Since the BPS Pro Setup Wizards perform the entire setup in less than 1 minute then in some cases depending on web host conditions or other uncommon issues/problem there may be additional Custom Code setup time required. BPS Pro Setup Wizard AutoFix handles 100+ autofixes. autosetups, etc.

If you would still like for us to take a look at your sites then please send the additional information that I previously requested – ie full WP Admin access to your websites.

bbmedia
    Participant

If you would still like for us to take a look at your sites then please send the additional information that I previously requested – ie full WP Admin access to your websites.

I have sent the details for multiple sites to info at twice now. Are you guys going to get to these sites?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

One thing I see in common is that your host is creating default error_log files everywhere.  I don’t want to sound rude, but that is absolutely horrible.  Instead of me fixing what I consider to be “broken” on all of sites you will need to contact your host and ask them to discontinue doing.  It is completely unnecessary and frankly ridiculous.  You only need 1 php error log.  There is absolutely no reason to create duplicated default error_log files so I need to bail with issue with the clause that the host itself is malfunctioning.  Let me know when they fix that problem and I will continue to assist you with any other problems.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.