UI interface

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro UI interface

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Guys,

First, let’s be clear: I love your work and your plugin is awesome! But let’s face it, you suck at UX design. The BPS Pro user interface is the worst i’ve seen in years and reminds me these 1999’s websites. Would it be possible for you to review this, as the wordings (sometimes confusing), and be a bit more bootstrappy for example ?

Thanks for your feedback,
    Kindest Regards
    Mathieu

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, a lot of folks do not like the fun and silly blue gel UI and that is why we created a UI Theme switcher/chooser in BPS Pro 9.0.  There are many things that have high priority in BPS Pro development.  The lowest priority is the UI visual look since it is not that important / is the least most important thing.

UI Theme Skins: Blue Gel Classic UI Theme ~ Light Grey jQuery UI Theme ~ Dark Black WP UI Theme

Great,

However I totally disagree when you say that UI is the least important thing. We are not too much talking about colors and fonts here, but more about wordings. Navigating within the plugin is not very easy. As a BPS Pro user, is it possible to experiment your 9.0 beta ?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Security, website performance, functionality and a dozen other top priorities come before visual appearance, which is the lowest priority.  We don’t release any BPS Pro Beta versions anymore and only do in-house Beta testing.  Doing that in that past lead to distractions, off-task and unproductive tangents.  BPS Pro 9.0 testing should be completed and ready for public release in 7-10 days.

Does BPS Pro look the same to you as it does in these video tutorials in the link below?  It is always possible that another plugin or your theme is breaking the BPS Pro UI.  This was a fairly common problem a few versions ago, but we added code to block other plugins and themes from loading their scripts in BPS Pro plugin pages and breaking menus, pages, functionality and pretty much everything else.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/

If BPS Pro looks the same in the video tutorials then yes we have added some new UI’s to choose from, but it would be extremely foolish to imagine that everyone will like the BPS Pro UI’s.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Here are some examples in the link below of what the BPS Pro UI looks like when it is broken by other plugin or themes scripts loading in BPS Pro plugins pages, but this rarely happens that much anymore since we added code to block Rogue plugins and themes.  Another thing that can cause the BPS Pro UI to display broken is if you are using something or have something installed that is interfering with the Plugin Firewall working correctly or is breaking the Plugin Firewall.  In those cases doing these BPS Pro troubleshooting steps:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting will isolate the issue for further troubleshooting.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-menus-css-and-js-not-displaying-correctly/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.