Quarantine – 404 error when deleting or restoring files

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Quarantine – 404 error when deleting or restoring files

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

Some of my pages it is impossible to delete or restore anything from quarantine. I hit submit buttom, after few secs, page 404 appears, and nothing changed in quarantine. I have to delete the plugin, delete the bps-backup folder and install again. Some of my pages this is works fine.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I have seen this once before and it had to do with a different WordPress Language version.  What I noticed on the other site where this was happening is the File Path in Quarantine was being translated and it broke the actual valid file path by adding spaces inbetween the folder names and forward slashes.  Do the files paths look good to you or do they have extra spaces inserted by something that is translating the page like the Google Translator.  If the problem is the Google Translator you can right mouse click anywhere on the Quarantine page and click > Translate to X (X being whatever you see/your language).

It could also be a problem with your root htaccess file so you should do BPS Pro troubleshooting step #2 before doing anything else:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting  If you are unable to Deactivate Root Folder BulletProof Mode then you can manually delete the root htaccess file using FTP.

You should not have to delete BPS to try and fix problems and can can re-run the Setup Wizard, which should fix any issues/problems.  The only problem that would require deleting and reinstalling BPS would be if you installed the BPS Pro plugin using FTP (or copied BPS Pro from one site to another site) instead of using the Upload Zip installer to install BPS Pro.

Zsolt Edelényi
    Participant

I have plenty of files on the same server. All of them have the same installation. Some works, some not. Htaccess files are ok. Installation wizzard completed without warning.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Does this problem only happen in Quarantine or does it happen when clicking other BPS Pro buttons?  Does this problem only happen on this website or does it happen on any other websites?  Is this problem only occurring for specific files?  If so, what type of files are they?  What is the filename?  Where is/was the file located (file path in Quarantine where the file was quarantined from)?

Bill Justesen
    Participant

I have to chime in here too. This happened on a few of my sites. What happened was I FTP’d into the sites to update some files (mostly theme php files), and then BPS quarantined them. When I tried to restore, BPS would show them removed from quarantine, but when I refreshed the page they were back in quarantine. On one site I had to completely uninstall BPS because it was such a bear.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Bill Justesen – What you are describing is a different problem caused by not doing the  AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Correct Usage steps:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#procedural-steps  The files were restored from quarantine, but they were immediately quarantined again since the ARQ manual editing/uploading procedural usage steps were not done.  To fix that type of problem you would turn off AutoRestore, restore the files from Quarantine and re-run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard, which will backup all new manually edited/uploaded files and automatically turn AutoRestore back on.

Bill Justesen
    Participant

I should have mentioned that I did have AutoRestore off. I had FileZilla open to see if the files would go anywhere after attempting to release the files from quarantine, but all they did was update the date/timestamp. This was before the pre-install wizard. I never did run either wizard since the files didn’t go out of the quarantine folder. If I run into the problem again, though, I’ll complete the remaining two steps and let you know. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.