Bug update BPS pro with Zip install

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Bug update BPS pro with Zip install

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pdlc
    Participant

Hi,
    on my website I didn’t succeed in updating BPS pro via the ZIP install: I did the manipulation twice which seems to success: the messages of success of the installation are displayed in green but BPS PRO stay at version 16.8 instead of 16.9 ? And I check via FTP : the installation failed.

And I see in PHP error log :
    [08-Oct-2022 10:09:59 UTC] PHP Warning: fileperms(): stat failed for /home/XXX/.htaccess in /home/XXX/xxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/lock/flock.php on line 330
    [08-Oct-2022 10:09:59 UTC] PHP Warning: fileperms(): stat failed for /home/patisserbj/index.php in /home/XXX/xxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/admin/lock/flock.php on line 359

And I see this post in the forum :
    https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/php-warning-fileperms-stat-failed-for-htaccess/

Is it the beginning of an explanation to my problem?

Thanks for your help,

Monica

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Double check that the BPS Pro zip file is the 16.9 version and not the 16.8 version by unzipping the zip file on your computer and checking the readme.txt file for the BPS Pro version number.  If it 16.8 then download the 16.9 version from here > https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/.

The File Lock feature is obsolete. Do the steps below to unlock files and to turn it off.  The php errors just mean that the file permissions for those 2 files cannot be checked for some reason.  Could be a file permission or Ownership issue, but is not important.

Set the File Lock Override option to > File Lock Override On.
    Click the Save Override Option button.
    Change all file options to > CGI|Unlock {filename}
    Click the Save Options button.
    Change all file options to > Checking & Alerts Off.
    Click the Save Options button.
    Set the File Lock Override option to > File Lock Override Off.
    Click the Save Override Option button.

pdlc
    Participant

Thank you for your advise.

1. I check the readme.txt file for the BPS Pro version number, it’s 16.9
    2. i follow your instruction about the File Lock feature,
    3. i delete manually in the db table wp-option: _site_transient_update_plugins option,

but the problem still persists.

I didn’t understand because i already update BPS pro on this website with the same list of plugin without problem…. and because on the local clone of this website i achieve to do the update.

i check the log but nothing appear…
    No more hyppthesis, ca you help me again ?

Monica

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok at this point send me a WP Administrator login to your site and FTP login to your hosting account to:  info@ait-pro.com.  I will be back at 5pm PST today and will get this figured out then.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I was able to upgrade BPS Pro to 16.9 using the BPS Pro upload zip installer > BPS Pro Setup menu > Upload Zip Install.  Note: your server or something else is blocking BPS Pro plugin upgrade notifications on the WP Plugins page.  I am not seeing any new php errors. The last php error occurred at [10-Oct-2022 08:32:49 UTC] PHP Warning: fileperms(): stat failed for…  Maybe the problem is with your Browser or maybe you are using a VPN?  You never want to login to your own site with a VPN.  If you are using Browser extensions or Add-ins then disable them temporarily for testing.  If you were trying to us the WP Plugin upload zip installer then I don’t think it will allow you to upgrade a plugin.  You would have to manually delete the plugin using FTP and then install a new zip file.

pdlc
    Participant

thank you for your help and your efficiency:)
    I close this post.

pdlc
    Participant

Hi,

wired…i re-open this post  :

on October 10, 2022, you tell me that “you was able to upgrade BPS Pro to 16.9 using the BPS Pro upload zip installer”

and today i discover that the version is still 16.8 !

I don’t understand anything anymore…can you help me ?

best reg Monica

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you restore your website from a backup?  Are you using any plugins that manually or automatically restore either files or your database?  If you are using a caching plugin then purge your caching plugin cache.  Also clear your Browser cache.  If none of these things are the cause of the problem then send me a WordPress Administrator login to your site.

Also you sent me a login to the sandbox dev/testing site. If you meant to send me a login to the Live production site then send me a login for the Live site.

pdlc
    Participant

Oh I’m sorry, you are right :  I made a mishmash between the sandbox dev/testing site and Live production site …Actually there is no problem :   on the sandbox dev/testing the BPS Pro version is still  16.9.

I’ll update BPS pro from 16.8 to 16.9 on the Live production site and if I didn’t achive i’ll come back here.

Best regard,
    Monica

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.