Can BPS block adding banners into homepage?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Can BPS block adding banners into homepage?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof
    Participant

Hello,

My developer has wrote a banner system for my site. It used to work some time ago but now when I try to add a banner from the menu and click to add image I can pick it up but afer clicking OK the link to the image doesn’t show up and the system stopped to work.

Can this be BPS Pro or some server setting which BPS Pro changed? On previous BPS Pro versions it worked ;(

This is a serious problem for my site ;(

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This may or may not be related to BPS Pro.  To find out whether BPS Pro is blocking this banner system / banner script you would do the standard BPS Pro troubleshooting steps in the link below.  I would need to more about this banner system to be able to give you more specific information.  Example:  is this a plugin or a custom script, what are the steps to create/add a banner, do you see any error message, etc etc etc.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Also check your BPS Pro Security Log for any HTTP errors related to this.

Krzysztof
    Participant

Well we have tested the theme on two test servers and there the banner system works. There is no BPS PRO installed on both of those servers. That is why the first thought is BPS PRO. Maybe you could log in to my account and have a look yourself – it would be easier to understand the whole process.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Please check the site where the problem is occurring and post any errors from your BPS Pro Security log that relate to this problem.  Is this your personal site or a client’s site?  We do not log into licensee’s client sites per the BulletProof Security Pro licensing agreement.

If You install BulletProof Security Pro on Your clients websites then You are responsible for supporting BulletProof Security Pro for Your clients. AITpro offers free technical support to the licensee of the BulletProof Security Pro software only and is not responsible for supporting BulletProof Security Pro on Your clients websites.

If you would like for us to login we need specific details about the problem and also need to know what troubleshooting steps have already been done.

Example troubleshooting steps performed:
    1. On the Security Modes page, click the Root Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.
    2. On the Security Modes page, click the wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode Deactivate button. See Custom Code Note if doing this step works.
    3. On the Security Modes page, click the Plugin Firewall BulletProof Mode Deactivate button.

Example of specific details about the problem:
    The banner script is located here and is named X.  The script is used by doing X, clicking here and doing X, going to this page X (list the exact steps in exact specific details).

Krzysztof
    Participant

Well I have uninstalled BPS PRO completely (I think) and still nothing – the only ting that is left is the php.ini and I have just wrote to my support to revert to the old one.

The problem is that no one can tell me what to do and how to fix this 😉

I have seen my theme working on another server – the banners were adding correctly and on my own it doesn’t work anymore ;(

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Uninstalling BPS Pro is not the correct way to troubleshoot possible issues or problems.  BPS Pro is very advanced and has built-in troubleshooting capability.  You can deactivate/Turn Off every single feature in BPS Pro by following the correct troubleshooting procedures that are listed in the link below.  Uninstalling BPS Pro means you have wiped out/deleted all of your BPS Pro settings.

As of BPS Pro 6.0 this is not that big of a deal to correct this mistake since you can use the new Setup Wizard, but if you had any Custom Code it is gone/deleted since you uninstalled BPS pro and you will have to add it back again.

BPS Pro Troubleshooting procedures

By using the BPS Pro troubleshooting steps/procedures in the link below you will not lose any of your BPS Pro settings.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

I can only help you if you can tell me exactly what the problem is or show me some Security Log errors of the issue/problem.  Without knowing what the problem is, how this script works or any other specific details about the issue I really cannot offer much help.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

We can also login and look at this issue/problem and fix it, but the new policy about logging in to other folks websites is now very strict.  Before we will login to a site we need to know exactly how the script or plugin works and the exact steps you use to use this plugin listed in a step by step explanation.

Example:

I go here X and click X and then X should happen, but Y is happening instead.

Krzysztof
    Participant

Well the settings are in a separate menu where you normally set up the themes. It is called “Ustawienia motywu” which stands for theme settings.

I go there and when I scroll down there is a section cold Bannery. In a box which is separate for each add you have a few options.

Firs one is “Wgraj zdjęcie” which means “upload the picture” – if you click it a normal window pops up (standard one like in other places in wordpress) – there you can pick up a photo which is already on the server, upload a new one or post a link (this has to be a standard feature which is used to set up the picture), now  if I pick up for example, media library, and pick up an already used photo I pick up “wstaw do wpisu” which is supposed to insert in into the box – then u can pick up a link or exclude some categories in which the banner should not pop out. After all is set up you scroll down to the bottom and hit “Zapisz zmiany” which means save changes. But this step will not work as the link to the photo is not placed in the box.

I can also upload you the zip file with the theme.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok great.  This is enough specific information in order for us to log into the website and troubleshoot the issue/problem.  Please send the login information directly to:  edward [at] ait-pro [dot] com.  Ed is heading the BPS free .48.9 release today so he will notify you when he is able to log into this site.  Should be around 20 minutes.  They are in .48.9 final testing. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ed A:

This problem has nothing to do with BPS Pro.  I deactivated/turned off all security features and the media upload still does not work.  Sorry I have no idea what is wrong with this theme, but BPS Pro is not causing this problem.  Logged out now. Thank you.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually let me test if the Main WordPress Media uploader is working.  If that is not working then it could be a php.ini problem.

Krzysztof
    Participant

Hit it 😉

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The WordPress Media Uploader is working and is also working in this Theme.  The Theme’s coding is malfunctioning or broken.  Image files were being uploaded in the Theme’s uploader, but the file names were not being displayed so the Theme uploader is broken or malfunctioning.  Try completely uninstalling and reinstalling it.  If that does not work you need to contact the Theme Developer for this Theme and find out what is malfunctioning / broken with it.

Krzysztof
    Participant

Now this means that I’m in a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Thank you for your time and help. Now it’s time to tinker BPS PRO again but now I know that it works ok.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.