Can I use BulletProof Security on my managed google hosting server.?

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Can I use BulletProof Security on my managed google hosting server.?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ruthe Beck
    Participant

I have an eCommerce store which is created on magento and is hosted on managed Google gce hosting server which is  being managed by Cloudways. But, due to the increase in data hacking attempts I want to add some extra security to my website for that I am looking forward to add BulletProof security to my website. But, I am not sure if it is sustainable with the third party host or not.? If not what do you think should I do to fully secure my website.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The BPS free and Pro plugins are specifically designed for WordPress.  Google GCE is a virtual platform so even if you had WordPress installed I believe you would probably run into limitations and/or issues/problems.  ie some BPS free or Pro features might not work on Google GCE and would need to be turned Off.  I’m not real familiar with Google GCE, but if I had Google GCE the search terms I would use to look for additional website security for Google GCE would be:  “Google Compute Engine security” or “Google Compute Engine website security”.  You should also do the same general searches for Magento website security.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Compute_Engine

Google Compute Engine (GCE) is the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) component of Google Cloud Platform which is built on the global infrastructure that runs Google’s search engine, Gmail, YouTube and other services. Google Compute Engine enables users to launch virtual machines (VMs) on demand. VMs can be launched from the standard images or custom images created by users. GCE users must authenticate based on OAuth 2.0 before launching the VMs. Google Compute Engine can be accessed via the Developer Console, RESTful API or command-line interface (CLI).

blacksheep
    Participant

i also want to know same thing,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS and BPS Pro can be used on Google Cloud hosting.  As far as Google Compute Engine (GCE) is concerned I have no idea what that entails since I have no experience with GCE.  If you have BPS Pro installed then you would want to use the website migration steps in this forum topic when deploying sites > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/migrating-moving-or-cloning-websites/#post-20407. BPS free would not require any website migration steps, besides running the BPS Setup Wizard after a site has been migrated/deployed.

hamnak
    Participant

If you use a bulletproof pro, you can keep your site safe from scammers and hackers.

asher
    Participant

Good question and suggestions. There is a need to protect from scammers and Bulletproof is a good and safe option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.