Old WordPress version installed – unable to access WordPress Plugins page

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Old WordPress version installed – unable to access WordPress Plugins page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Max
    Participant

I have read the post and I cannot fix this problem. When I login to my wordpress site hosted on Hostgator through cpanel or ftp it does not show the pages for me to edit, or dashboard, or plugins, or post, menu, ect. I am using a purchase wordpress Template 1379 which works fine but apparently the bulletproof plugin is blocking me from editing. I want to remove this plugin via cpanel and have the site remain accessible or fix the access where I can edit the pages. I read where you can add your IP to allow you to edit but I don’t know what file to edit in cpanel. I have tried everything. I have no access to the plugin controls on the site as it will not let me see the plugins. Any help would be appreciated.

Max

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have BPS free or BPS Pro installed?  “I have read the post…” What post have you read?  I do not understand any of the other information you posted.  If you would like to manually uninstall the BPS free plugin use the BPS free troubleshooting steps: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-free/#bps-free-general-troubleshooting  If you would like to uninstall BPS Pro use the BPS Pro troubleshooting steps:  http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting If you would like additional help then I would need to know what the problem is. Please describe the problem using technical terms and descriptions and not generalized information..

Max
    Participant

I think it is the free version. When I login to gcgmoney.com/wp-admin and select the plugins tab, pages tab or dashboard tab or other tabs it show a blank white page and therefore I cannot access the pages to edit or the plugins to edit. I also cannot find these pages in the wp content tab in the cpanel login. I can find the plugins in the cpanel but I believe the BPS is preventing me from accessing these areas and I cannot determine it another plugin is conflicting as I cannot access them but I don’t think there is another plugin that performs the same functions. This site works fine. I just need to change the phone number on the contact page. I have read the trouble shooting guides for both the free and pro and cannot figure out how to fix this,

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I checked your website and you have WordPress 3.3.1 installed, which was released on January 3, 2012.  WordPress 3.3.2 was released on April 20, 2012.  The BPS plugin requires at least WordPress 3.7 and I would imagine the same thing would apply with all of your other plugins and your Theme.  So I recommend that you do these steps below.

Use FTP or your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /plugins/ folder to /_plugins/.  Manually delete the root .htaccess file and the wp-admin .htaccess file. Login to your website, go to your WordPress Plugins page to automatically deactivate all of your plugins, rename the /_plugins/ folder back to /plugins/, upgrade WordPress.  Try to activate plugins one by one.  If they fail to activate then manually delete that plugin’s folder.  Then reinstall that plugin using the WordPress plugin installer.

Max
    Participant

Thank you very much for helping me. I will let you know how it turns out.

Max

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

You’re welcome.  The Topic Title has been changed to be relevant to what I believe is the root cause of this problem

Max
    Participant

I still have the same problem. I cleared the cache logged back in after doing what you said and it still will not let me see the plugins. I cannot even upgrade the wordpress version.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok then that leaves you with only 1 option.  Do a database backup of your WordPress database, then delete your WordPress database and all of your WordPress folders and files and reinstall a new version of WordPress.  Make another WordPress database backup of your newly installed WordPress website.  Then restore the database backup that you made of the old WordPress database.  If the site is working at this point then reinstall all of your plugins.  If the same problem occurs then restore the WordPress database backup that you did for the newly installed WordPress website.  You will have to reinstall all new plugins on this new WordPress website.  You should download a copy of your WordPress /uploads folder if you do not have copies of all your image files on your computer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.