Changing PHP versions via cPanel

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Changing PHP versions via cPanel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jenni101
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m on shared hosting and running on the default php version 5.3.29. I’ve just found that I can change to php version 5.5 (or even 5.6) in my cPanel for better speed and compatibility with some plugins, but am a bit nervous of doing this without checking if i have to edit other files first.

Do I have to edit anything in my wp-config.php or .htacess to change to a different php version? Or will the changes I make via cPanel automatically add the necessary code? Or should I edit it in the BPS Pro interface somewhere?

Sorry for these basic questions, but would appreciate any guidance for this.

many thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Unlock your root htaccess file and turn off AutoRestore first and then switch your PHP server version.  Your host may or may not automatically use and/or create php handler htaccess code in your root htaccess file.  If your host does use/create php handler htaccess code when you switch the PHP server version then that code will be added at the top of your root htaccess file.  See the link below for how to copy your php handler htaccess code to BPS Custom Code, IF your host uses php handler htaccess code.  If your host does not use php handler htaccess code then turn AutoRestore back On and lock your root htaccess file again if it was locked before.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/pre-installation-wizard-checks-phpphp-ini-handler-htaccess-code-check/

jenni101
    Participant

Thanks for that – very clear and I’ll give it a whirl next week!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.