Child Theme files quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Child Theme files quarantined

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RobB
    Participant

Hello,

I have bought a theme and created a Child Theme out of that.
    4 files are being put into quarentine, everytime.
    If I tell BPS to restore it, it does restore it, but places the 4 files  back into quarentine.
    The Child Theme does not  arrive permanent, but disappears after 2 mintes

Is there a  way to prevent this?
    Thanks ahead,
    Rob Bindels

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do these steps:

1. Turn AutoRestore Off.
    2. Upload/reinstall/etc your Child Theme.
    3. Run the Setup Wizard

Terry Chadban
    Participant

RobB,

Were the quarantined files translation files? I have noticed recently that BPS pro is quarantining some but not all, translation files, the .po files. Even the default TwentySeventeen theme gets some translation files quarantined. That may be something that Edward could look into for us?

Terry

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Terry – WP occaisonally does automatic updates for language files, which will sometimes get quarantined.  You can either just restore the language files from Quarantine or you can create an AutoRestore wp-content folder exclude rule for the /languages/ folder > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/language-translation-files-quarantine-wordpress-automatic-updates/#post-20116

RobB
    Participant

@Terry:
    Files are style.css, functions.php, screenshot.png.

@AIT:
    Will look at the troubleshooting.
    I will postback.

Thanks,
    RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ RobB – Should be a fairly simple solution using the steps posted above.  The general idea is that you want to turn ARQ IDPS off temporarily and run the Setup Wizard to ensure that current backup files exist for any newly installed folders or files.  Let me know if doing the steps does not work.

RobB
    Participant

It seems to work.
    The top 3 steps have worked.
    Strangely though. Because it is not clear to me, why these 3 files keep getting quarantined.
    Can you give me an explanation for it?

Thanks,
    RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ RobB – If a new folder is created and that folder does not exist in ARQ IDPS backup then files will continue to be repeatedly quarantined since that simulates a typical hacker attack vector.  As the owner of the site you have full control of ARQ IDPS and need to temporarily suspend ARQ Automation in order to create matching backup folders and files.

RobB
    Participant

Thank you.
    It is clear to me now, and logical.

Thanks again.
    Happy!

RobB

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ RobB – Cool.  ARQ IDPS uses a pretty simple security protection concept, but it is different than anything else that exists so it takes a little getting used to.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.