Core Files being quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Core Files being quarantined

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dep5
    Participant

I run BPS Pro 9.8 on multiple sites with no issues. Love it.

However, on one specific site, all core files as well as many in wp-includes and wp- admin are being quarantined about every second week. The restored files do not seem to work correctly and the whole site goes white, including login and admin areas. A comparison of the quarantined files and ‘fresh’ files reveal no differences in code.

My only recourse is to disable BPS via FTP and replace all core files and folders (not wp-content) with fresh ones. The last time this happened, I did a complete Wizard re-run including BPS htaccess files also. Currently, I have Auto Restore turned off to hopefully prevent this from recurring. Thoughts on what to look for? Thanks.

Mark

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

How did you add/install WordPress?  Did you upgrade WordPress within your Dashboard?

Dep5
    Participant

Upgrades to WP have always been done within the Dashboard after turning off Auto Restore and then saving the files in AR prior to re-engaging with a two minute interval. This is a multisite set up, but currently there are no additional sites.

After this manual file replacement, I have again done the AR backup but haven’t enabled the feature. A regular DB backup is also done. The Pre Wizard and Wizard procedures always come up Green.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hmm yeah I am not sure what to tell you because I don’t know what could cause this type of problem.  It is very odd so I can’t give you any kind of answer to why the problem occurred.  Maybe a random server connectivity/hiccup problem?

Logically if you have backed up all AutoRestore backup files by either running the Wizards or by clicking the Backup Files buttons on the AutoRestore page then you should be able to turn on AutoRestore without any problems.  But if there is a server or other issue then the problem might occur again.

Dep5
    Participant

Yea, all indicators are starting to point to the server on this one. I’ve great service from this host -multiple sites with BPS, but this may just be a weird, individual server issue. Thanks for taking the time!

Mark

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Important Note: If you have BPS Pro 12.8 or higher versions of BPS Pro installed click this link for quickier and easier steps to fix quarantined files problems: https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-not-loading-after-wordpress-upgrade-or-theme-upgrade-500-error-files-quarantined/. BPS Pro 12.8+ versions automatically deactivate/turn ARQ Off when the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder is renamed instead of having to use the BPS Pro XTF Form Tools to deactivate/turn ARQ Off.

Oh wait a minute.  I missed this – “…after turning off Auto Restore and then saving the files in AR prior to re-engaging with a two minute interval.

As of BPS Pro 7.7/7.8 you do not need to turn Off AutoRestore when upgrading WordPress.  And turning Off AutoRestore can actually cause problems when doing a WordPress Dashboard upgrade.  ARQ Automation will automatically turn Off AutoRestore during a WordPress Dashboard upgrade, backup WordPress files, check the file backup for errors and then if everything is ok ARQ Automation will turn itself back On.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/#automation

The problem that I have seen a few times with doing the old manual method of turning Off AutoRestore is a procedural mistake or some kind of server hiccup problem.  It is better to let ARQ Automation handle the entire WordPress upgrade since error checking and integrity checks are performed during the upgrade.

Dep5
    Participant

Ahhhh. I’ll make sure that the next round of WP updates is done that way. I love hearing the directive, “Go full auto.” 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.