Delete File In Quarantine Does not delete file

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Delete File In Quarantine Does not delete file

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chykalophia
    Participant

The header.php has been getting attacked a lot lately, and thus it’s getting into the quarantine a lot. Thus there are lots of copies there which I’d like to delete from the log, list and server.

I selected all the files in the Quarantine tab for the “Delete File” option, then clicked submit. And yet the file list is still there and the files were still in the quarantine folder on the server. I deleted the files manually via FTP, but even then after I again selected “Delete Files” for all the files in the list (submit) and then even went to clear out the Quarantine Log using “Delete Log” and “reset Last Modified Time In DB” … nada. The list is still there on the Quarantine tab.

Any ideas on how to make it work?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

A significant change was made to Quarantine in BPS Pro 11.2 so it is possible that there is some scenario that we did not think of that could be causing this type of problem/bug.  I would like to login to this site to see the problem.  Please create a temporary WordPress Admin user account and send it to edward at ait-pro dot com.  Thank you.

Chykalophia
    Participant

Hm, maybe. I’ve sent an email.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

-There were several problems with the W3TC plugin that I fixed, but that was not causing the problem.
    -The Sucuri Restrict wp-content access one click hardening option was enabled, which breaks BPS Pro Security Logging and several other things in BPS Pro. I disabled that option. but that was not causing the problem.
    -You had iThemes Security htaccess code at the top of your root htaccess file, but the iThemes Security plugin is not activated. I deleted the iThemes Security htaccess code since you are not using that plugin. If you are planning on using/activating the iThemes Security plugin then you need to add iThemes security htaccess code to BPS Custom Code. That was causing other problems, but not the Quarantine problem.
    -You are using Minification so the Plugin Firewall and Plugin Firewall AutoPilot Mode will not work correctly on this site. You can either deactivate the Plugin Firewall of leave it turned On since it is basically nulled/not in use when Minification is used. That is causing other problems, but not the Quarantine problem.http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/plugin-firewall-read-me-first-troubleshooting/
    -I deativated all of your other plugins and switched your theme and the Quarantine problem is still occurring.

At this point the Quarantine problem appears to be caused by something installed on your server (security measure or something else) or a server configuration problem. To confirm that the root problem is a server problem, install another WordPress testing site and only install BPS Pro on that testing site. Intentionally quarantine a file by uploading a test file anywhere in this test site’s folders. When the file is quarantined try to delete it from Quarantine. If you are unable to delete the file from Quarantine then you will have confirmed that the root problem is on your server.

Workaround Notes: As of BPS Pro 11.2 you can manually copy and paste entire folders/files out of the /quarantine/ folder. To remove/delete database rows from being displayed in Quarantine you can use the BPS Pro DB Table Cleaner Pro-Tool and delete/drop the wp_bpspro_arq_quarantine database table. The wp_bpspro_arq_quarantine database table is automatically recreated with a new empty database table when it is deleted/dropped.

Chykalophia
    Participant

“At this point the Quarantine problem appears to be caused by something installed on your server (security measure or something else) or a server configuration problem. To confirm that the root problem is a server problem, install another WordPress testing site and only install BPS Pro on that testing site. Intentionally quarantine a file by uploading a test file anywhere in this test site’s folders. When the file is quarantined try to delete it from Quarantine. If you are unable to delete the file from Quarantine then you will have confirmed that the root problem is on your server.”

I installed a test site and the problem persists. Thus as you mentioned it’s most likely a server issue. Do you know what I can ask of the host to help change or where I can help point them towards the right direction to start investigating?

Thanks very much for your help via email. You guys have been awesome and really helpful.

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, all roads lead to some kind of server issue/problem.  I meant to check your P-Security PHP Info configuration information, but did not check or copy that info.  That would contain clues like maybe you have Xcache or something else (other OPcode Cache, etc) installed on the server that is causing this.  Another possibility could be something like mod_security.  Unfortunately, the only way to figure out exactly what is causing the problem on the server is to disable/enable things one by one.  Mod_security is easy to temporarily disable.  Other things are not too difficult to disable/enable temporarily in your server’s php.ini file.  Overall that general troubleshooting steps are pretty much the same as standard WP plugin troubleshooting – ie deactivate/disable test, move to the next thing, move to the next thing.  Maybe the Apache server log file contains some clues to what is being blocked/not allowed/not working in Quarantine or maybe not.  Worth looking at the Apache server log file first.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.