Index.php file is locked

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Index.php file is locked

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nickc
    Participant

I’ve turned off bps pro on a client’s site as I have a ton of work to do. But, I can no longer update wordpress as the index file is locked. If I have removed bps pro, how can it still be locking the index file?

ERROR: “The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions.: index.php”

I’ve checked the file permissions – set to 644 on the index. I’ve even tried to delete – won’t delete nor be overwritten. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

BPS Pro is a very advanced plugin.  Most WordPress plugins are simplified so that you just deactive them to turn things off.  BPS Pro on the other hand is very advanced and has individual Turn On/Turn Off for every single security feature.

The BPS Pro troubleshooting steps in the link below have step by step instructions on turning all/each BPS Pro Security feature Off/On.  In your particular case what you were looking for was BPS Pro F-Lock for unlocking all WordPress Core files that are locked.  Reinstall or reactivate BPS Pro >>> go to F-Lock and unlock all the files that you want unlocked.  For any or all other BPS Pro security features that you want to turn off follow the troubleshooting steps below to turn everything off in BPS Pro – basically BPS Pro will be installed, but will be in neutral or idling.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.