Forms processing and button links not working

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Forms processing and button links not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Darko
    Participant

Hello,

I have delete old version of BulletProof Pro and install new from ground-zero, but now I cannot remove notice text from panel. When I click on Dismiss Notice, nothing happened.
    http://i.imgur.com/bIKsigU.jpg

even if I select and delete quarantined file it remain in panel. I also seen that file in table bpspro_arq_quarantine (after deleting, of course) What could be a problem? …also, I seen that file in bps-backup/quarantine folder. It did not delete it.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Use the BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip Installer here:  Setup >>> Upload Zip Install and reinstall the BPS Pro zip file.  Let me know if Forms and buttons work or not after reinstalling BPS Pro.

Darko
    Participant

No, everything is the same as before reinstalling, button and notice are still in dashboard

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Did you reinstall BPS Pro AGAIN using the BPS Pro Upload Zip Installer?  BPS Pro has built-in anti-piracy code so let’s say you upload BPS Pro files via FTP and [information removed as it gives away info about BPS Pro anti-piracy functionality] – BPS Pro will assume it is being pirated and not function correctly.  Installing BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip Installer or the BPS Pro Upload Zip Installer ensures that the BPS Pro installation is actually good.

Darko
    Participant

No, theese are steps:

1. I have install BPS over standard “plugin – upload zip – install – activate plugin – activate BPS….”
    2. Because of some problems on site I delete all plugins
    3. I install BPS again as in step 1
    4. Everything works fine except this forms and dismiss button
    5. After reply 20850 I uploaded bulletproof-security.zip over built-in Upload Zip Installer and installed, than SETUP-SETUP WIZARD…..
    6. Problem remain
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok good.  Just wanted to eliminate a bad plugin installation.  Check your server logs for errors and post a relevant server error here.  What I suspect is one of these problems:

A PHP server configuration problem – the php handler you were previously using is no longer being used – is no longer in your root htaccess file.  The php handler you are currently using is not valid for your server.  The host has changed something on the server.  The PHP server version you are using was not compiled correctly or is missing modules, etc.

A permalink problem.  The permalink structure tag that you are using is not valid.

An open_basedir problem.  open_basedir settings, paths do not include the correct path settings.

Darko
    Participant

I found what was a problem with “Dismiss Notice” – BROWSER. It seems problem is only related with Firefox, I’ve tried same on Chrome – no problem or errors. Weird.

One problem fixed for my, one still remain: deleting quarantined files

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Jeez maybe it is a corrupt Browser cache problem.  Try deleting your Browser cache and see if that works.  I will double check that the Dismiss Notice buttons work correctly in Firefox.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Crap I have confirmed that the Dismiss Notice button links do not work correctly in Firefox or IE.  Will have to figure out why that problem is occurring with the new Dismiss Notice link code.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

The problem is the <button> element used in the new Dismiss Notice code and in the new Reload BPS Pro Status Display button. My pseudo “Refresh Status” button code works fine in all Browsers since it is actually just a div with link that visually looks like a button, but is not an actual button.  I will need to change the <button> element code and replace it with my pseudo button code. Will release BPS Pro 10.1 in a few hours with this correction.

Jose
    Participant

I use Firefox too and the same applies to my site on the button to download the backup of the database. The file it is not downloaded.

Furthermore, the file/folder permissions now are shown like this: /.htaccess recommended 644 /index.php recommended 644….. That is, the recommended level is higher than usual permissions but I keep the old ones and everything is working fine.
    Server Type: Apache
    Operating System: Linux
    WP Filesystem API Method: direct
    Server API: cgi-fcgi CGI Host Server Type

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes. That button code has been replaced.  There were 3 things that were using the button element:  Status Display, Dismiss Notices and the DB Backup Download files button.  All of these things have been replaced with pseudo button code, tested in all Browsers without any problems.  We have a couple of nick nacks that need to be done and BPS Pro 10.1 will be released after they are completed.

Yes.  The displayed permissions for files and folders is now displaying standard file and folder permissions.  The Read Me help button on the System Info page contains more information about file and folder permissions and still recommends stricter file and folder permissions.  File and folder permissions cannot really be considered a security measure since it is very easy to override file and folder permissions.  File and folder permissions should be used for diagnostic troubleshooting purposes.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Actually I rechecked the file and folder permissions and yes there were mistakes (.htaccess file and other Core WordPress file permission recommendations) in the permissions recommendations.  The permission recommendations have been changed/corrected back to what they were previously.

Jose
    Participant

Yes, specially at the mission critical folders. Thanks.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, dumb mistake.  The new DSO file|folder permissions code was copied over the old CGI file|folder permissions code.  I was looking at a DSO server and not a CGI server.  😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.