Divi files constantly being quarantined

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Divi files constantly being quarantined

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Casey Lee
    Participant

I use Divi Builder and Theme on WordPress for my website. Over the past few months BPS Pro has been quarantined over a 1700 files have been quarantined. Is there a way that I can prevent BPS Pro from quarantining any files that are related to Divi? Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Hey Casey – take a look at the AutoRestore|Quarantine Guide forum topic to get familiar with how ARQ IDPS works.  I have copied relevant info below from that main ARQ guide forum topic.  You can exclude your Theme folder from being checked by ARQ if you do not want ARQ to monitor and check your Theme folder regularly.

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

AutoRestore|Quarantine Manual File Editing/Uploading Procedural Steps
    AutoRestore|Quarantine (ARQ IDPS) is a real-time file monitor that monitors all of your website files for any changes. When manually uploading or modifying files or folders with FTP use these simple procedural steps to avoid having those files autorestored and/or quarantined. If files are sent to Quarantine then use the Restore File option in Quarantine to restore those files. ARQ is amazing, but it cannot tell who you are if you are manually modifying or uploading files or folders outside of your WordPress Dashboard – that is not possible.

1. Turn AutoRestore Off on the AutoRestore page.
    2. Manually upload files or manually modify/edit files or folders.
    3. Click the appropriate AutoRestore Backup Files button: Root Files, wp-admin Files, wp-includes Files or wp-content Files Backup Files button or run the Setup Wizards.
    4. Turn AutoRestore back On.

BPS Pro Video Tutorials Link: https://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/

Issue|Problem:
    • Files are being repeatedly quarantined. For this example I will use the error_log file.

Solution:
    Do these steps below to create an AutoRestore single file exclude rule for /xxxxx/public_html/error_log file. Note: This example is using the error_log file path for this example. If the file and file path that is being quarantined is a different filename and file path then use that filename and file path for your AutoRestore single file exclude rule.

1. Go to the AutoRestore page and turn Off AutoRestore.
    2. Go to the Quarantine page and restore the error_log file that was quarantined.
    3. Go back to AutoRestore > click on the Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page > under the Exclude Folders & Files form > select Exclude an Individual File > Enter an Exclude Folder or File Path: /xxxxx/public_html/error_log
    4. Click the Exclude button.
    5. Turn AutoRestore back on.

Video Tutorial For How to exclude files or folders from being checked by ARQ: https://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#autorestore-quarantine

Casey Lee
    Participant

Thanks for your quick response.

There are some files that are the same that are repeatedly quarantined.

For example there are two below. How do I make sure that these files don’t get quarantined again?

File name: divi-style.min.css

Source path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/divi-style.min.css

File name: et-frontend-builder.min.css

Source path: /home/rootedhe/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/frontend-builder/build/et-frontend-builder.min.css

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Casey – probably the easiest solution is to exclude the WordPress /themes/ folder.  Go to the AutoRestore >  Add|Exclude Other Folders & Files tab page and exclude your theme folder.

Casey Lee
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I excluded the wordpress/themes folder.

I am having difficulty restoring the files. I turned the ARQ off. But when I try to restore all the files nothing happens. I have 1724 quarantined files. Maybe it is too many? How can I restore all the files?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Casey – Do these steps below.

1. Use FTP and download copies of these folders below that are in the /quarantine/ folder to your computer:
    Note: you may not see all of these folders below in the /quarantine/ folder. Download any folders that you do see in the /quarantine/ folder.

/wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/root-files/
    /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-admin/
    /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-includes/
    /wp-content/bps-backup/quarantine/wp-content/

2. Upload these folders that you downloaded to your computer: wp-admin, wp-includes and wp-content to your website and overwrite the existing wp-admin, wp-includes and wp-content folders.
    3. Open the root-files folder that you downloaded to your computer and upload any files in the root-files folder to your website root folder (same folder where the wp-config.php file is).
    4. After uploading all quarantined folders/files to your website, delete all the folders under the /quarantine/ folder.
    5. Go to the BPS Pro > Pro-Tools menu/page > DB Table Cleaner|Remover tool.
    6. Click/select the Drop Radio button Form option for the xx_bpspro_arq_quarantine database table to delete the Quarantine Database table.  A new Quarantine Database table will be automatically created.
    7. Click the Empty|Drop button to nuke the Quarantine database table.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.