DSO Server Setup Steps

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro DSO Server Setup Steps

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

So because mine match do i add this to config file?

define( 'FS_METHOD', 'direct' );
    define( 'FS_CHMOD_DIR', ( 0755 & ~ umask() ) );
    define( 'FS_CHMOD_FILE', ( 0644 & ~ umask() ) );

image of what I am getting https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c55SCye7XxAzvdjHwVZ83fwXcltQ3eIt/view?usp=sharing

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Paul – Yep, that is correct.

Paul
    Participant

I have tried this and now have WP Filesystem API Method: direct. But I still get same as image shown before when trying to run pre instal like this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C-LtmNKIqkrTeQnxuOK30-H_nTYBqQq0/view?usp=sharing

Actually looking again with original wp-config i get WP Filesystem API Method: direct too so my issue is obviously not related to this?

Paul
    Participant
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Paul – What is odd is that the .htaccess files that are not being created are the BPS Master htaccess files in this BPS plugin folder:  /bulletproof-security/admin/htaccess/.  Try doing this > Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager tool and manually delete the BPS plugin folder (you will not lose any of your BPS plugin settings):  /plugins/bulletproof-security/.  Then reinstall the BPS plugin using the WordPress Plugins Upload Zip installer.  Then run the Pre-Installation Wizard and Setup Wizard again.

Paul
    Participant

Trying to upload zip i get “The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2018/09.” is it available via normal plugin install from add plugin?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Paul – I Googled that WP error message and found a possible solution here > https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/wordpress-the-uploaded-file-could-not-be-moved-to-wp-content-uploads  This may also fix the htaccess file problem in the /plugins/ folder.

Paul
    Participant

thanks, working with host at the moment, will get back soon.

Paul
    Participant

Ok Thanks for the help, 4 hours plus later, the hosting company have fixed what ever was causing the issue. Site running much slower though just no end of issues since they decided site needed to be migrated! Fix one thing move onto the next, they won’t say what was the issue, that would admit them being at fault!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Paul – Sorry to hear you are going through hosting issues.  They can very frustrating.  I dread contacting our host support even though they are very good.  The only time I contact them is when I know a problem is occurring with the host server.  Have to do the dance every time though with them until they go – yeah it’s a problem with the server.  😉

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.