Fatal Error installing BPS Pro after using BPS free

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Fatal Error installing BPS Pro after using BPS free

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    openlate
    Participant

I tried BPS free and liked it and liked the options available in BPS Pro so I purchased it but I deleted BPS free and then uploaded BPS Pro and get this error:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home/xxxxx/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/xxxxx/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php on line 62
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in/home/xxxxx/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php on line 62

I tried to delete the BPS plugin and re-install  same issue, then tried to re-install the free version and it installed and activated just fine, I then tried to delete the plugin files folder via ftp thinking maybe the WP delete function left residual files or something but I get the same result, BPS Pro will not activate but Free will.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

This is a very common problem that occurs when using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip) for first time installations of BPS Pro (or other plugins as well).

Issue/Problem: Fatal Errors when upgrading from BPS free to BPS Pro using the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip).

Solution (short version):  Use FTP or use your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ (bulletproof-security2, bulletproof-security3,…) plugin folder name back to just /bulletproof-security/ (removing any numbers that have been appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name by PclZip). Go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Activate link under BulletProof Security Pro plugin. In some cases you may only need to refresh/reload your Browser on the WordPress Plugins page to activate the BPS Pro plugin.

Explanation (long version) of the cause and solution for this problem:

Issue/Problem:  WordPress Upload Zip (PclZip) Installer Fatal Error Problem – a number is appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bulletproof_security_load_plugin_textdomain() in /xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required /xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php xxxxx) in /xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php

Problem and Solution (long version):  If you use the WordPress Upload Zip installer (PclZip) and do not rename or delete the free BPS plugin version first before installing BPS Pro, a number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc) will be appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name during the installation. This problem can also occur even if you have already deleted the BPS free plugin version from your website. Example plugin folder names that you may see: /bulletproof-security1/, /bulletproof-security2/ or /bulletproof-security3/, etc. If this problem does occur then use FTP or use your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ (bulletproof-security2, bulletproof-security3,…) plugin folder name back to just /bulletproof-security/ (removing any numbers that have been appended to the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder name). Go to the WordPress Plugins page and click the Activate link under BulletProof Security Pro plugin. In some cases you may only need to refresh/reload your Browser on the WordPress Plugins page to activate the BPS Pro plugin.

openlate
    Participant

I literally figured that out 2 min. before you posted the solution! lol thanks for the help!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Cool!  And thank you for posting this problem/issue.  It is the number 1 most common problem/issue that occurs.  So hopefully this will help other folks who encounter this problem/issue. This Forum is brand new so once it is built up with lots of Q&A it will hopefully make finding answers quick and simple.  The AITpro Blog site was a nightmare for trying to find answers – like finding a needle in a haystack.  😉  Thanks again for posting this problem/issue.

Inger
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

Hi
    I received the following when trying to install the plugin. Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Warning: require_once(/home6/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home6/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php on line 76
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home6/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home6/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php on line 76

Any ideas?
    CheersInger

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Your Forum Topic has been merged into this relevant topic.  FTP to your website and rename the /bulletproof-security1 folder to /bulletproof-security.  See above for the cause of this issue/problem.

Chris Casalena
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]

Just bought BP Pro and I cannot activate – here’s the error I get – how do I fix this??

Warning: require_once(/home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php on line 76
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php') in /home/xxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security1/bulletproof-security.php on line 76
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Chris – Your Forum Topic has been merged into this relevant topic.  FTP to your website and rename the /bulletproof-security1 folder to /bulletproof-security.  See above for the cause of this issue/problem.

Chris Casalena
    Participant

YES I did that without success

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder and re-install BPS Pro.  If the same error occurs, FTP to your website and rename the /bulletproof-security1/ plugin folder name to /bulletproof-security/

Chris Casalena
    Participant

I have tried this several times now – there is NO (1) – see this error

Warning: require_once(/home/bergcvv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bergcvv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security.php on line 76
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/bergcvv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/class.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php53/usr/share/php’) in /home/bergcvv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security.php on line 76
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I now see a new problem.

directory in /home/bergcvv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security.php

…should be /home/bergcvv/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/bulletproof-security.php. The /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder is missing in the error path above.

Do these steps:
    FTP to your website and check the root of your /plugins/ folder for any BPS Pro plugin files.  If you see any BPS Pro plugin files directly under the /plugins/ folder then delete them.  Make sure that you see a /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder under your /plugins/ folder.  Clear your Browser cache and any plugin cache if you are using a caching plugin.

Chris Casalena
    Participant

I use cPanel – there is no Bulletproof folder – only a bulletproof-security.PHP file in my Plugin folder that I open & edit – am i at the right place?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I am not sure how the bulletproof-security.php file got into the root /plugins/ folder, but delete it and then install the BPS Pro zip file again using the WordPress Upload Zip installer.  If the same problem occurs then send an FTP login and a WordPress Admin login directly to edward [at] ait-pro [dot] com.

BulletProof Security Pro Installation, Activation & Setup Wizard Video Tutorial
    http://forum.ait-pro.com/video-tutorials/#setup-wizard

Chris Casalena
    Participant

not happening – I’ll send you FTP details and WP admin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.