Genesis Blocks – site crash after BPS Pro upgrade

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Genesis Blocks – site crash after BPS Pro upgrade

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

[Topic copied from wordpress.org]

Hi,

I have many sites with BulletProof Security Pro installed. And I am very satisfied with this wonderful plugin!

Some (not all) of my websites have “Genesis Blocks plugin” installed (last version 1.4.0) and it seems that there is an incompatibility between the BulletProof Security Pro version 16.3/16.3.1 and Genesis Blocks plugin because everywhere this plugin is installed there is a crash after update of BPS 16.3/16.3.1

I had to remove BPS with FTP and put back the previous version of BPS to have my website back again.

When “Genesis Blocks” is deactivated no problem. I can update BPS to the last version.

And it doesn’t seem to be linked with a specific theme, only between “Genesis blocks” and “BPS”.

Thank you !

Robert

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Response:

I am currently testing the Genesis Blocks free plugin and will post the results of testing.  Do you have the free or Pro version of Genesis Blocks?

Robert
    Participant

Hi,

I have the free version.

Thank you !

Robert

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok I have found the problem. I added a new filter in BPS Pro 16.3|16.3.1 > admin_body_class for the MScan scan status page. I have tried adding a condition for this filter to only load on the MScan scan status page. The result is that WP does not crash and only the MScan scan status page crashes now. I am now checking on the correct usage for this filter and figuring out if something needs to be changed in BPS Pro code or the Genesis Blocks plugin code. I’ll post another reply after looking at that.

[16-Feb-2022 13:50:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Genesis\Blocks\Settings\AdminPage::add_body_class(): Return value must be of type string, null returned in C:\xampp\htdocs16\demo9\wp-content\plugins\genesis-blocks\lib\Settings\AdminPage.php:212
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\xampp\htdocs16\demo9\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php(307): Genesis\Blocks\Settings\AdminPage->add_body_class(NULL)
    #1 C:\xampp\htdocs16\demo9\wp-includes\plugin.php(189): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #2 C:\xampp\htdocs16\demo9\wp-admin\admin-header.php(242): apply_filters('admin_body_clas...', '')
    #3 C:\xampp\htdocs16\demo9\wp-admin\plugins.php(605): require_once('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')
    #4 {main}
    thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs16\demo9\wp-content\plugins\genesis-blocks\lib\Settings\AdminPage.php on line 212
    Robert
    Participant

Thank you for your great work !

Robert

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok this is a coding mistake in BPS Pro.  I will upload a new BPS Pro zip file in the BPS Pro zip download area and the API server for Plugins page updates/upgrades in about 30 minutes > https://www.ait-pro.com/wp-admin/.  Since I just released back to back BPS Pro versions then I don’t want to release a new BPS Pro 16.3.2 upgrade.  😉  I’ll let you know when the new BPS Pro zip file is available for download.

Robert
    Participant

Great !

Robert

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok a new BPS Pro 16.3.1 zip file with the fix has been uploaded to the BPS Pro download area.  Use these steps below to upgrade BPS Pro using the built-in BPS Pro Upload Zip installer.

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-bps-pro-upgrade-installation-methods/

Upgrading an existing BulletProof Security Pro Installation (Using the BPS Pro Built-in Upload Zip Installer)
    Download the bulletproof-security.zip file from the AITpro.com Secure Download Area.  Under the BPS Pro Setup Main menu, click the Upload Zip Install submenu link.  Click the Choose File button, navigate to where you downloaded the bulletproof-security.zip file on your computer (Note:  the zip file MUST be named bulletproof-security.zip) and click the Install Zip Now button.

Robert
    Participant

Yes, it works !

Have a nice day,

Robert

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Great!  Thanks for confirming it works.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.