google analyticator blocked

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro google analyticator blocked

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    D Joseph
    Participant

I unblocked my plugins folder, and I allowed the js script for my iThemes theme to see the uploads folder. I still get this error in my security log:

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - July 26, 2013 - 5:14 am <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 157.55.32.143
    Host Name: msnbot-157-55-32-143.search.msn.com
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER:
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-content/plugins/google-analyticator/external-tracking.min.js?ver=6.4.4.3
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm)

I’ve had blocked URLs (like 57 of them right now) in my Google Webmaster Tools for a long time, that I could never figure out. Do I have to make an additional change for the google analyticator? I wonder if this is what’s causing the blocked URLs too.

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yes, it appears that this js script is being blocked in your Plugin Firewall.  Do you see this plugin js script whitelist rule in the Plugin Firewall Whitelist text area?

/google-analyticator/external-tracking.min.js

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Comment copied from Thread:

I was in a hurry when I posted this earlier and I wanted to add a few details. I unblocked my plugins folder by watching the ARQ video and doing the same. I unblocked the js script by removing the js file extension name from a section in the htaccess as in directions found on this site, on how to unblock the iThemes it-file-cache js file. That fixed multiple errors that I was getting, due to the it-file-cache problem.

Now with this error, I would expect that the google-analyticator….js would use the same rule? What does this need extra? What is blocking this? I think the blocked urls are related and I’d love to know how to fix these!

Thanks!

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

It is not recommended that you remove the Plugins folder exclude rule from AutoRestore, but if that is what you want to do then be aware that you will need to do the ARQ procedural steps when updating or installing plugins.

ARQ Procedural steps.

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/

You can remove the js file extension from the Plugin Firewall .htaccess file, but that is not recommended.  If you are talking about removing the js file extension from the Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard .htaccess file then that is a completely different issue.

The Plugin Firewall monitors and protects the /plugins folder.

The Uploads Anti-Exploit Guard monitors and protect the /uploads folder.

Both of these are completely different things that are unrelated/independent security features.  Each has its own specific .htaccess file.

Since the error shows that the /google-analyticator/external-tracking.min.js script is being blocked in your /plugins folder then you would need to whitelist this script in your Plugin Firewall Whitelist text area.

Plugin Firewall Read Me first

http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/plugin-firewall-read-me-first-troubleshooting/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.