Google Typography – Google Typography 403 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Google Typography – Google Typography 403 error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Email Question:

I’m having an issue with a plugin called “Google Typography” It generates:
    And … When I try to save a change within the plugin, it won’t complete the process. When I deactivate the .htaccess files, the plug then works. I wasn’t sure the best way to “allow” this plugin to do what it’s doing (or if it’s safe), within BPS Pro.

>>>>>>>>>>> 403 GET or Other Request Error Logged - July 5, 2013 - 10:41 am <<<<<<<<<<<
    REMOTE_ADDR: 68.39.81.155
    Host Name: c-68-39-81-155.hsd1.nj.comcast.net
    SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP:
    HTTP_FORWARDED:
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR:
    HTTP_X_CLUSTER_CLIENT_IP:
    REQUEST_METHOD: GET
    HTTP_REFERER: http: //www.njmeter.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=typography
    REQUEST_URI: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=save_user_fonts&collections%5B0%5D%5Buid%5D=1&collections%5B0%5D%5Bpreview_text%5D=Type+in+some+text+to+preview...&collections%5B0%5D%5Bfont_family%5D=Viga&collections%5B0%5D%5Bfont_variant%5D=normal&collections%5B0%5D%5Bfont_size%5D=16px&collections%5B0%5D%5Bfont_color%5D=%237c7c7c&collections%5B0%5D%5Bcss_selectors%5D=
    QUERY_STRING:
    HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.116 Safari/537.36

Can you advise?
    Gary

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE: BPS Pro 13+ and BPS 2.0+ versions have a feature called: Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup) that automatically creates plugin and theme whitelist rules and automatically sets up and cleans up caching plugins htaccess code.

1. Add the admin-ajax.php skip/bypass rule below to this wp-admin Custom Code text box: CUSTOM CODE WPADMIN PLUGIN/FILE SKIP RULES
    2. Click the Save wp-admin Custom Code button.
    3. Go to the Security Modes page and Activate wp-admin Folder BulletProof Mode.

Note:  The skip rule must be [S=2] because it will be written to your wp-admin .htaccess file above skip / bypass rule [S=1].  If you have other wp-admin skip/bypass rules already then either combine them or add this skip/bypass rule separately above the other rules and change the skip #.  Example:  If you already have skip #’s 2 and 3 then this rule would be skip rule #4.

# admin-ajax.php skip/bypass rule
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (admin-ajax\.php) [NC]
    RewriteRule . - [S=2]
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Confirmed via direct email reply that the admin-ajax.php skip/bypass rule solved the issue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.