Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert

Home Forums BulletProof Security Free Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hello, where do I view what this file is, and fix this?

BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert
    An unrecognized/non-standard WP file was found in your /plugins/ folder. This file may be a hacker file or contain hacker code. If you recognize this file and/or it is safe to ignore this file you can ignore this file check by adding the file name in the Ignore Hidden Plugin Folders & Files text area box option to make this Alert go away.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Kim – The rest of the HPF alert has all the information.  The path to the file if you want to view it using FTP or the whitelist rule if you want to whitelist the file.

Kim
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    I am getting this message on one of my sites:  My question is where do I view the file and how do I know if it’s hacker code?

BPS Hidden Plugin Folder|Files (HPF) Alert
    An unrecognized/non-standard WP file was found in your /plugins/ folder. This file may be a hacker file or contain hacker code. If you recognize this file and/or it is safe to ignore this file you can ignore this file check by adding the file name in the Ignore Hidden Plugin Folders & Files text area box option to make this Alert go away.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Kim – You can get the file by using FTP and downloading from the path shown in the HPF alert.  You can email the file to us and we will take a look at it and tell you if it is safe or not.

Kim
    Participant

Sorry for the delay.  Had other things happening.  This is what the path looks like:  /home/something/public_html/wp-content/plugins/.listing

Where do I find .listing?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Kim – Ok don’t take this the wrong way – If you are asking me “who is buried in Grant’s Tomb?” then the answer is “Grant” ha ha ha.  Anyway I think what you are really asking is – “is this file safe to whitelist”.  The answer is yes that file is safe to whitelist.  To whitelist/ignore the: .listing file > copy the filename:  .listing > into the HPF Ignore Hidden Plugin Folders & Files text box option > click the Save Plugin Folders|Files Ignore Rules button.

Kim
    Participant

Excuse my ignorance with my next question.  I know where you are saying to put it.  When you say “copy the filename: listing” , do you mean copy the path?

Sorry.  Just a bit confused.  🙂

Kim
    Participant

Oh, wait a minute.  I just have to use .listing  Correct?

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Kim – Yep, exactly.  Just copy:  .listing and not the full path to the: .listing file.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.