WordPress Dashboard blank, WordPress Dashboard white, wp-admin blank, wp-admin white screen

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Dashboard blank, WordPress Dashboard white, wp-admin blank, wp-admin white screen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    lisa burgess
    Participant

Hello,

I have had BPS pro running on my site for over 1 year and a half with no problem.

When I try to access by wp-admin I keep getting a blank/white screen. I was able to navigate to wp-login.php and get the login page. I could sucessfully log in, but when it redirects to the admin dashboard, I am getting a blank/white screen. If I go back to my site’s home page, I can see the WP Admin toolbar at the top, but if I click on anything, I am brought to the white screen.

I am trying to update the wp-config file, but each time I do , BPS pro quarantines it. How can I disable BPS Pro so that I can troubleshoot this wp-admin issue?

Thanks
    Lisa

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Do you have the Better WP Security plugin installed on this site?  Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the .htaccess file in your website root folder and the .htaccess file in your wp-admin folder.  Can you see your wp-admin Dashboard now when you login to your website?  Let me know if you can see your wp-admin Dashboard at this point and I will tell you what you need to do next.

lisa burgess
    Participant

Heres some more detail:

my wpconfig file is set to a memory limit of 32M.  In looking log files, it is running out of memory.  So, i need to adjust my wpconfig and set to 64MB, but as soon as i make the change, the file is quarantined and reverts back to the old one.

So, even though I tried deleting the .htaccess files I can’t log in because there is not enough memory with the settings of my current wpconfig file.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

In your particular case since you are not able to get into your WP Dashboard then using FTP rename the /bulletproof-security plugin folder and then manually edit your wp-config.php file.

Once you are able to get back into your WP Dashboard & General Help Info for anyone else who finds this Topic

If you are manually modifying website files then you need to turn off AutoRestore while you are modifying files and then click the AutoRestore Root files Backup Files button and then turn AutoRestore back on after you are done manually modifying files – see ARQ Procedural steps when manually modifying files >>> http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/autorestore-quarantine-guide-read-me-first/.  It is simpler to use P-Security ini_set Options to change your memory limit since your wp-config.php file be automatically backed up to AutoRestore backup.

Yep, 32M is not enough memory to run WordPress.  64M is really not enough memory to run WordPress either.  Ideally you should have a minimum of 128M to run WordPress, all of your Plugins and leave you with plenty of extra memory.  To change your memory limit you can do that in BPS Pro P-Security ini_set Options, BUT using ini_set functions in a wp-config.php file are limited by what your Host actually allows your memory limit to be or if your Host has the memory limit set to 32M in the Server’s php.ini file then the Server’s php.ini file memory limit setting will override the ini_set function memory limit setting.

After changing you memory limit setting to 128M in P-Security >>> ini_set Options >>> go to the BPS Pro System Information page and check this >>> PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit: 128M.

If you do not see 128M then your Host is overriding the memory limit setting and you will need to contact your Host support to have them increase your memory limit to 128M in the Server’s php.ini file.

hindssites
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Although Bullet Proof Security Parameters are shown on the left side, no matter which one I click on I get a blank screen, where the dash board area is.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ hindssites – When did the problem occur?  What might have caused the problem?  Were you installing anything?  Did anything change?  Is the entire WordPress Dashboard blank – all WordPress setting pages or just BPS Pro plugin pages?

hindssites
    Participant

I have done nothing on the site except that I moved it to a new server about 2 weeks ago. It was working on the new server. Maybe I should just restore an off-line backup if that is the easiest option.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ hindssites – Before doing anything that drastic why don’t you answer my other questions so that I know what the problem might be.

hindssites
    Participant

Sorry, I thought I had answered it. I have not updated anything on the site that I can remember. I have no recollection of even logging in accept when I transferred it to another server about 2 weeks ago.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ hindssites  – I need you to answer this question:  “Is the entire WordPress Dashboard blank – all WordPress setting pages or just BPS Pro plugin pages?”

hindssites
    Participant

It is only with the BPS plugin pages. Everything else is fine.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ hindssites – Ok great.  Then you just need to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key on the BPS Pro Activation page.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    • Some Activation Keys contain dots (.) as part of the encrypted Activation Key. If your Activation Key contains a dot at the end of your Activation Key it is not a period and is part of the Activation Key. Copy the entire Activation Key including any dots (.) into the Save Activation Key text box and click the Save Activation Key button.
    • Each website requires its own unique BPS Pro Activation Key. Do the BPS Pro Activation Steps below on each of your websites.
    • If you change your domain URL in any way then request a new BPS Pro Activation Key. Domain URL changes would be changing your domain name, moving your website to a new folder/URL, changing HTTP to HTTPS, changing your Domain prefix from www to non-www or vice versa.
    • If you do not receive an Activation Key email, you can login to the BPS Pro Secure Download Area and get your Activation Key by using the Get Activation Keys Tool.

Another possibility could be that the BPS Pro anti-piracy copy protection kicked in since you moved your site somewhere else.  If you are unable to request a new BPS Pro Activation Key or the new Activation Key does not work then do these steps:

1. Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder (do not delete the BPS Pro plugin on the WordPress Plugins page or you will lose all of your BPS Pro settings).
    2. Reinstall BPS Pro using the WordPress Plugin upload zip installer.

Grant
    Participant

[Topic has been merged into this relevant Topic]
    Hello,

I am new to the BPS Pro version but have followed the instructions to set it up. I used the Setup Wizard and didn’t add too much bonus custom code except for these:

When I upgraded to the latest version (12.6.1), on two separate sites, I got a blank screen and couldn’t access the WP Dashboard or any controls, including BPS Pro. On the one site I got a max execution timeout but upped that from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. It hasn’t made a different. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Grant

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Grant – How did you do the BPS Pro update?  Did you update BPS Pro on the WordPress Plugins page?  Try these troubleshooting steps to get back into your website. Let me know which troubleshooting step works.

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

1. Use FTP or your Web Host Control Panel File Manager and delete the .htaccess file in your website root folder and the .htaccess file in your wp-admin folder.  If you do not see the root and wp-admin htaccess files then select “Show Hidden Files” in your FTP application or in your web host control panel file manager.
    See Custom Code Note

“…use FTP or your web host control panel file manager, rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to /_bulletproof-security/…”

Grant
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I did the update by clicking ‘Plugins’ three times, and then updating the plugin. I deleted .htaccess and could re-access the site but it seems I need to do this after each upgrade – I tried to upgrade on on multiple sites, lost access but regained it after deleting .htaccess. Not sure why this is happening but I think it may be a .php timeout:

[06-Feb-2017 12:47:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/www/users/ulwazyreap/wp-content/plugins/bulletproof-security/includes/functions.php on line 683
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.