WordPress Dashboard blank, WordPress Dashboard white, wp-admin blank, wp-admin white screen

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro WordPress Dashboard blank, WordPress Dashboard white, wp-admin blank, wp-admin white screen

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Grant – It sounds like either you have php memory limit problem or maybe this particular PHP server has some problems.  Go to the BPS System Info page and copy and paste this information below about your site/server.  If the problem is not a PHP memory limit problem then what you should try next is to switch your PHP server version, which switches you to a different PHP server.  You will find the help information to switch your PHP server version on your web host’s help pages.

PHP Version: 5.4.19
    PHP Memory Usage: 26.18 MB
    WordPress Admin Memory Limit: 256M
    WordPress Base Memory Limit: 40M
    PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit: 128M

Grant
    Participant

Hello,

I am still having this issue. Please see requested details below:

PHP Version: 5.6.30-1~dotdeb+7.1
    PHP Memory Usage: 36.45 MB
    WordPress Admin Memory Limit: 256M
    WordPress Base Memory Limit: 40M
    PHP Actual Configuration Memory Limit: 128M

Thanks,

Grant

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Grant – It doesn’t look like a PHP memory problem.  Create a temporary WordPress Admin login to 1 of the sites and also an FTP login to this hosting account and send the login info to:  info at ait-pro dot com.  So I can figure what is causing the problem.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ Grant –

Wow that was the most obscure strange problem that I have ever seen happen with BPS Pro.

I am not 100% sure of the exact cause of the problem, but I believe there was some hidden formatting in this wp-admin Custom Code text box:  CUSTOM CODE WPADMIN DENY BROWSER ACCESS TO FILES, which was causing the BPS Pro upgrade to hang and the top BPS Status Display not to display completely and was being chopped off after RBM.  Ie WBM was not being displayed.

The fix was simple, but figuring out the exact cause of the issue was a mind boggler.  Anyway I just deleted your htaccess files using FTP and then went to BPS Custom Code and resaved your wp-admin Custom Code with blank text boxes.  Then activated wp-admin BulletProof Mode and everything worked fine.  I tested upgrading BPS Pro again and it worked fine this time.

Grant
    Participant

Thank you, that’s great! I guess there is always something to keep you on your toes so I appreciate you finding, and resolving, that strange problem.

JDub101xcode
    Participant

I recently installed BPS and now I have the same issue…  I can login and get the admin bar on the top of my site, but if I click on anything to get to the dashboard, I just get a white screen.  Nothing else.

I tried deleting my .htaccess file (but I couldn’t find a second one to delete like you mentioned).

What other options do I have?

JDub101xcode
    Participant

Followup to my earlier post….  I was able to log in due to a custom login page on my forum (not wp-admin).   Any URL that the site attempts to go to that has wp-admin someplace in the URL will fail and show just a white screen.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ JDub101xcode – Use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder.  If that does not work then try renaming either your entire /plugins/ folder or each individual plugin folder /plugin-x/, plugin-y/, etc.  The BPS wp-admin .htaccess file is under the /wp-admin/ folder.  You will need to make sure you have checked “show hidden files” or whatever similar thing you are using in whatever FTP app you are using.  .htaccess files are hidden by default.

JDub101xcode
    Participant

I had already renamed it…. I am using filzilla and I have “force showing hidden files” turned on, but I still do not see the .htaccess file in the wp-admin folder.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

@ JDub101xcode – Ok then try to rename the entire /plugins/ folder.  ie /_plugins/.  If the problem is not caused by BPS or any of your other plugins then the next thing you want to try is to download the WP 4.8.2 zip file here > https://wordpress.org/download/, unzip the WP zip file on your computer and upload new WP Core folders > /wp-admin/ and /wp-includes/ folders.  I assume that you have the BPS free plugin installed and not BPS Pro?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.