Manually uninstall BPS Pro files but keep BPS Pro plugin settings

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Manually uninstall BPS Pro files but keep BPS Pro plugin settings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi

Is there a way to remove the BPS Pro Security plugin but retain the settings?

Everything works ok  except the issue I am having is when I select Quarantine from the BPS Pro menu the resulting page is 502 Bad Gateway error.

Everything else works ok.

So I was going to uninstall the plugin and then reinstall it again and run the setup procedures to see if this resolves the issue.

Or is there something else that I should try 1st?

Thank you kindly

Regards

Chris

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I don’t think manually uninstalling/reinstalling BPS Pro will fix whatever the problem is that is causing the Nginx 502 Bad Gateway error.  You can use either of these methods below to manually uninstall/reinstall the BPS Pro plugin and keep all your BPS Pro plugin settings. Before trying to manually uninstall/reinstall BPS Pro do the standard BPS Pro built-in troubleshooting steps:  https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/read-me-first-pro/#bps-pro-general-troubleshooting

https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/bulletproof-security-pro-bps-pro-upgrade-installation-methods/

The BPS Pro built-in Upload Zip installer overwrites (replaces) all existing BPS Pro plugin files:

Upgrading an existing BulletProof Security Pro Installation (Using the BPS Pro Built-in Upload Zip Installer)
    Download the bulletproof-security.zip file from the AITpro.com Secure Download Area.  Under the BPS Pro Setup Main menu, click the Upload Zip Install submenu link.  Click the Choose File button, navigate to where you downloaded the bulletproof-security.zip file on your computer (Note:  the zip file MUST be named bulletproof-security.zip) and click the Install Zip Now button.

Manually delete the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder using FTP or your web host control panel file manager and then reinstall the BPS Pro zip file using the WordPress Plugin Upload Zip installer.

New BulletProof Security Pro Installations (Using the WordPress Upload zip installer)
    If you are upgrading from BulletProof Security to BulletProof Security Pro or if this is a new installation of BulletProof Security Pro and you do not have either BulletProof Security or BulletProof Security Pro installed click the BulletProof Security Pro Installation, Activation & Setup Wizard Video Tutorial link below.
    BulletProof Security Pro Installation, Activation & Setup Wizard Video Tutorial

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.