W3TC – The required directives for fancy permalinks could not be detected

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro W3TC – The required directives for fancy permalinks could not be detected

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

Greetings:

Typically .htaccess code contains code that looks like

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress

Unfortunately, my installation of BPS Pro (version 11) doesn’t put the code in the file for some reason. The missing code causes W3 Total Cache to be grumpy, giving the error message that

The required directives for fancy permalinks could not be detected, please confirm they are available: Creating and editing

If I put the required code in B-Core > Custom Code > Root htaccess File Custom Code > CUSTOM CODE BOTTOM HOTLINKING/FORBID COMMENT SPAMMERS/BLOCK BOTS/BLOCK IP/REDIRECT CODE: Add miscellaneous code here. It makes BPS Pro unhappy – and gives me notice that it already has the code in .htaccess, so kindly get it out of the Custom Code area. The trouble is that if I have to initialize BPS Pro again using the two-step Setup Wizard (as I did after the WordPress 4.3 upgrade was pushed), BPS Pro doesn’t put the code back in .htaccess. As indicated before, this makes W3 Total Cache grumpy, which in turn makes me grumpy, since I have to go into all the sites’ .htaccess files and restore the code manually.

Soooo… can the code be put in the bottom of the Custom Code as indicated above, so it will always be there for W3 Total Cache, or can the BPS Pro Setup Wizard be instructed to ensure it is placed in .htaccess whenever the wizard is run, without fail?

Much appreciated!
    Dennis

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

UPDATE: BPS Pro 13+ and BPS 2.0+ versions have a feature called: Setup Wizard AutoFix (AutoWhitelist|AutoSetup|AutoCleanup) that automatically creates plugin and theme whitelist rules and automatically sets up and cleans up caching plugins htaccess code.

BPS already incorporates the WordPress htaccess code in the root htaccess file.  The W3TC error check does not see that code since it is not in the exact format that W3TC is looking for so you can just dismiss the W3TC error message since it is not valid and the code does exist in the root htaccess file.  And of course delete the WordPress htaccess code from BPS Custom Code.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.