Setup wizard HTTP 500 error

Home Forums BulletProof Security Pro Setup wizard HTTP 500 error

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

I am experiencing the above error on my site.

I tried to do a re-run of the set up wizard and the results were HTTP ERROR 500.

I cannot access my site.I have tried to delete .htacess but still I can’t access my admin.

BPS PRO used to be a good plugin but now it is getting a bit complicated.

Kindly assist as I am no an expert

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

What were you doing right before running the Setup Wizard?  Did you upgrade WordPress?  Have you recently added any custom htaccess code in BPS Custom Code?  Have you recently changed anything about your hosting?  What type of hosting do you have?  Shared, Dedicated or VPS hosting?

ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

I did a  wordpress update then I saw a notification that I needed to run the set up installation.I did that then bang HTTP ERROR 500

Regarding the hosting package? I think dedicated hosting actually cms

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Ok so let’s make sure the problem is not the root htaccess file.  Before deleting the root htaccess > use FTP or your web host control panel file manager and rename the /bulletproof-security/ plugin folder to /_bulletproof-security/.  Refresh your FTP application or reload your web host file manage tool and check again to see if the BPS root htaccess file is actually still there.  The root htaccess file is in the same folder where WordPress is installed and where the wp-config.php file is located.  Download the root htaccess file, open it and copy all of the root htaccess code into your forum reply.

ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

huh …instead of back and forth.Kindly check your support email.

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

Yep, waiting for you to send me another email with an FTP login to your hosting account so I can fix the problem.  We only login to hosting accounts if someone does not know how to create an FTP account. We will then login to a hosting account and create an FTP account that can be used to fix the problem and for any future issues that may occur.

ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

Kindly check your email

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

WordPress files were quarantined during the WordPress update.  This problem occurs when there are server hiccups, latency problems with the WordPress API server or upgrade zip file or when a web host force upgrades your WordPress website or when WordPress is updating files that BPS Pro AutoRestore uses to work in a particular WordPress version and in this WordPress version, WordPress was deleting and creating new WordPress files that BPS Pro AutoRestore uses.

Additional Problems and future steps to fix the original problem:  The wp-content folder was accidentally moved under the wp-admin folder.  Moved the wp-content folder back where it should be and then followed the help steps in this forum topic > https://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/website-not-loading-after-wordpress-upgrade-or-theme-upgrade-500-error-files-quarantined/

Note: Total original quarantined file problem resolution time: 3:45 minutes using the help steps in the help forum topic link above.

ALEX KIBET MUHINDI
    Participant

That was resolved for now….But The images are not displaying.I have changed the permissions but still not displaying

AITpro Admin
    Keymaster

I am working with you directly via email and have sent this email to you below.  Please continue to contact us via email.  No need to duplicate your questions and issues in the forum.

Yes, I saw that problem too. Even BPS Pro top status bar and side navigation menu images are being broken by something. When I tried to view one of the top BPS Pro status bar images I saw a 403 error. Something is blocking BPS Pro from working on this website. Do you have an htaccess file something deeper (at a lower folder level that could be causing this problem)? Check folders below the /public_html/ folder for other htaccess files that could be causing this problem. Maybe something on your host server is causing this problem? Something like Mod Security.

I don’t know what is causing the image problems on your website for your website, all plugins including BPS Pro and WordPress and your Theme.

Try contacting your web host and see if they can figure out what is causing this problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.